- M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning, Liberty University
- B.S. in English Education, Liberty University
Prior to teaching ENGL 100 for Liberty University Online and serving as a Department Chair for the College of Arts and Sciences, Jamaica Conner taught English and Advanced English at Amherst County High School nestled in the mountainous county of Amherst, Virginia. She has taught English at the middle and high school levels in private and public institutions since she graduated from Liberty University.
In 2011, she wrote the book Sparky’s ABC Adventure, a children’s ABC book about Liberty University’s eagle mascot.
- I love to read and write; I hate to read and write! Liberty University: Writer’s Conference. 2010
- The Memoir. With Professor Stacey Hester. Liberty University: Writer’s Conference. April 2008.
- Writing Poetry. With Professor Stacey Hester. Liberty University: Writer’s Conference. April 2008.
- Breaking Ground: Keys for Successful Online Learning. With Professor Amy Hassenpflug and Professor Aaron Traphagen. Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, 2014.
- Editor: Happy Heart: Fill’er Up! By Michelle Marttila. Worzalla. 2013.
- Sparky’s ABC Adventure. Liberty University Press. 2011.
- Children’s Literature Reviewer. Childrenslit.com 2006-2009. Web.
- Reviewed textbook: Paragraphs to Essays: An Online Approach. Pearson Education. 2008.
- “Library Research Takes Flight: An Adventure in Taking Risks.” Library Media Connection. Apr/ May 2006, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p32.
- ENGL 100 Subject Matter Expert (SME) Committee and SME
- INFT 101 Subject Matter Expert (SME) Committee
- English Assessment Revision Committee
- CGS Conference Committee
- Faculty Distinction Award Committee
- Conversational Courses, GEED 205, ENGL 100—Department Chair
- Assistant Professor, ENGL 100 and INFT 101
- Professor Training