Past Show Themes
This show featured songs and pieces centered around the theme of fire, and we featured real flames on the field using fire staffs in the color guard!
- Burn by Ellie Goulding
- I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
- Inferno by Robert W. Smith
- Set Fire to the Rain by Adele
- Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys
- Just Like Fire by Pink
- Stop, Drop, and Roll – Drum Break by G. Tyler Loftin
- Firebird – Finale from the Firebird Suite by Igor Stravinsky
Light Up the Night
Our inspiration for this show came from the excitement and magnificence that the night sky brings to us!
The following songs are featured in this show:
- Moondance by Van Morrison
- Counting Stars by OneRepublic
- Mars by Holst
- Firework by Katy Perry
- Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
- Jupiter by Holst
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
This show was all about light, reflection, and change featuring the following songs:
- Clarity by Zedd
- Lights by Ellie Goulding
- Man in the Mirror as performed by GLEE
- Kaleidoscope Heart by Sarah Bareilles
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- True Colors as performed by Pacific Crest Drum Corps
- Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
- Yellow by Coldplay
Rock of Ages
The 2013 show featured some ‘classic rock’ tunes and crowd favorites.
- Let It Be
- Free Bird
- Live And Let Die
- Life Is A Highway
- Livin’ On A Prayer
- I Love Rock & Roll
- Bohemian Rhapsody
Just The Way You Are
This show featured:
- Canon in D
- Cry Me a River (in the style of Michael Buble)
- L.O.V.E. as performed by Nat King Cole
- Grenade by Bruno Mars
- Just The Way You Are: versions by Bruno Mars and Billy Joel
Behind the Mask
Behind the Mask was a high energy show packed with tunes from your favorite masked heroes and villains! The show opened with a drum break, setting the stage for the Who’s “Who Are You?” as the band takes the field. Next you were greeted by the Spanish taste of the theme from Zorro, the Powerful anthem of the Phantom of the Opera, a “swinging” rendition of the Spiderman theme, the infamous Imperial March of Darth Vader, and last but not least, the haunting and glorious finale of Batman himself, ending on a reprise of “Who Are You” that closed out the show with a bang!
iShuffle – Stuck on Replay
The songs in 2010’s show were divided into three groups: songs the students love, songs the parents love, and songs the band members love.
The show included segments of:
- Replay from Iyaz
- Umbrella from Rhianna
- My Immortal from Evanescence
- Superstition from Stevie Wonder
- Lean on Me from Bill Withers
- American Pie from Don Mclean
- Beethoven’s Ode to Joy
- Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture
- Hallelujah Chorus from Handels Messiah
Red Hot and Blues
The show in 2009 brought to the field a classic mix of Jazz and Swing tunes that you couldn’t help but tap your feet to! The band rocked the house with marching renditions of popular hits, such as “Caravan” the jazz standard from Duke Ellington, “Feeling Good” the hit single from Michael Buble, “Sing, Sing, Sing” from Benny Goodman, “Prelude, Fugue & Riffs” by Leonard Bernstein, and “La Suerte de los Tontos”.
The drill featured many challenging moves and impressive sets as well, including a triangle that inverts through itself!
Check out our entire Red Hot and Blues show in fast forward!
Director’s Cut, Music from the Movies
The band stormed the field with the soundtracks and themes from favorites such as James Bond and Batman.
The Spirit of the Mountain began the show with the haunting theme from Batman, cycling through the Pink Panther theme, the Incredibles theme, the famous melody of Top Gun, the smooth and suave mantra of James Bond, agent 007, the theme from Jaws, and last but not least, the theme from Mission Impossible!
The drill for this year even included a giant Batman logo on the field!