Residential Master’s in Church Planting
Equip yourself with the tools and experience you need to follow your calling as a church planter with a Master of Arts in Church Planting from Liberty University. Gain an understanding of what makes a successful church plant and the importance of a team in ministry. Learn basic leadership principles and become familiar with various models of church planting and fundamentals of growth.
Study under experienced faculty who are grounded in their Christian faith and dedicated to the success of their students. Professors in this program hold post-graduate degrees in Bible and theology and have years of experience serving in the local church, missions, and as church planters.
This program includes a two-year residency at a local church where you will gain hands-on ministry experience and mentorship as you develop your strengths. Serve in various roles within the church as you learn what it takes to reach the unsaved and equip believers for the advancement of God’s kingdom.
- The Center for Church Advancement at Liberty connects and equips students who have a passion for church planting
- The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Church Planting degree is also offered online
Academics: M.A. in Church Planting
36 total credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s M.A in Church Planting admissions requirements
Church Planting Courses You Could Take
- Calling and Character of the Church Planter (EVCP 510)
- Church Planting Contexts and Methodologies (EVCP 610)
- Small Group Ministries (DSMN 630)
- Intercultural Communication (GLST 650)
Get Started with Your Degree
Career Opportunities in Church Planting
- Church Planter
- Church Planting Network Staff
- Local Church Ministry Director
- Parachurch Ministry Director
- Denominational Leader