Osborne Assistive Learning Technology Center
- DaVinci Pro HD Video Magnifier
- Dragon Naturally Speaking – speech recognition software which can turn speech into print
- JAWS for Windows – screen reading software for the visually impaired
- Kurzweil 3000 – scanning and reading software for students with reading disabilities
- ZoomText Reader/Magnifier
We would like to give a special “thank you” to Richard and Karin Osborne. It is because of their generous gift that we are able to provide the assistive lab. Richard Osborne is one of our own Liberty alumni. He and his wife love the Lord and have a special interest in helping students with special needs.
Learn More About the Osbornes
With over 25 years of direct marketing experience from concept, mailing lists, telephone marketing and every aspect of direct mail production, Richard Osborne is a proven leader in developing and leading teams that achieve success and exceed aggressive goals. He has directed and managed over 400 employees in such areas as finance, manufacturing, operations and sales. Starting out in the basement of his home in 1985, the company quickly grew and reached total billings of over $40 million in sales and produced over 35 million pieces of direct marketing materials annually. He developed sound financial systems providing accountability to prove true EBITDA, thus assisting the company to be purchased in 2006.
USA Direct, Inc.® – York, Pennsylvania
Founder & Chief Executive Officer of 20 years
USA Direct, Inc.® was an innovative, full-service direct mail manufacturer providing vertically integrated production services consisting of design, printing, personalization and inserting for a wide variety of specialized formats including closed face and window packages all under one roof. Mr. Osborne’s extensive knowledge of direct mail sales and production, as well as his entrepreneurial drive and business acumen helped to position U.S.A. Direct, Inc.® as the national leader in personalized direct mail manufacturing.
USA MailNow®, a division of USA Direct Inc., was conceived by Mr. Osborne prior to the industry acknowledged requirement for software and ASP services provision in support of the newly arrived digital color press. USA MailNow provided fast, efficient print-on-demand, online order entry and workflow management to flow customization of direct marketing campaigns to agencies, Fortune 1000 companies, and nonprofit organizations throughout North America allowing for superior utilization of these new and highly-valued digital color presses from Xerox and other leaders in the print industry. In 2005, USA MailNow was awarded and recognized by Xerox for digital innovation.
Mr. Osborne further developed the NOW Technology Group, a company that had been based in Baltimore, Maryland, and was a developer and marketer of workflow solutions for direct marketing production and on-demand-printing. The company, under Mr. Osborne’s direction, was reshaped as a team of technology, marketing and production professionals, assembled to explore potential business advantages in advancing Internet technology. In doing so, NOW Technology Group was transformed from a point-specific technology group to a true provider of strategic solutions integrated across functions to sophisticated clients nationwide.
Areas of Expertise:
- Software integration involving direct marketing and database development.
- Recognized by INC. 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America for both 1991 and 1992 as a visionary business leader.
- Named 1999 Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Pennsylvania by Ernst & Young.
- Awarded the Liberty Alumni of the Year in 1992.
- 1980 graduate of Liberty University
- Raised in Atlanta, Georgia and now resides in Oxford, Maryland with his wife, Karin, and their five children.
- President of the Liberty Parents Association 2008