Alternate Textbook Services
The following information is designed to assist students registered with The Office of Disability Accommodation Support that have an accommodation for alternate textbook services. If you need to verify this accommodation then please contact ODAS.
Please know that when completing the Electronic Format Textbook Form you are agreeing to the following:
- You will purchase a copy of the textbook from the bookstore or another vendor, keeping your proof of purchase.
- You will use the alternate format materials for personal use only.
What are Alternate Textbook Services?
Many students encounter barriers with traditional print materials. Textbooks and other materials may not be usable in the original form. In order to assist students, an alternate format accommodation may be necessary. Textbooks may be provided in electronic or audio format. Use the helpful information below to request alternate format services.
How do I Request Alternate Textbook Services?
- Complete Accommodations Form: Completing your Electronic Format Textbook Form will indicate to our staff your desire to use approved accommodations of electronic formats (PDFs) texts for the particular semester or sub term.
- Submit Alternate Textbook Form: Submitting your form as soon as possible, which makes it more likely that you will receive your textbooks at the start of your course. This information should be completed the moment that your course materials are posted by your Professor. Please also send a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase. To see if your materials have been submitted you are encouraged to check or consult the following:
- The Liberty University Barnes & Noble website
- Email your Professor
Once a Request is Submitted, What’s Next?
ODAS will work to secure your materials. If your materials are not available via one of our approved vendors then we will manually convert them here in the office. This will require us to reach out to you for a hard copy of the course textbook. If you have any questions about the alternative format textbook process or about the status of any request for an alternative format textbook, please contact the appropriate ODAS office.
Audio versions of textbooks may be obtained individually by students through outside sources (many require personal memberships). Please consider these resources for additional aid.
- Learning Ally
- Library of Congress
- Book Share
- Many Books
- National Library Service
- Project Gutenberg
ODAS is always seeking to advance accommodations that can be made available to students with documented disabilities. While we cannot guarantee additionally requested accommodations will be granted, we desire to see students with disabilities succeed at Liberty University. Please do not hesitate to communicate with our office regarding any reasonable accommodations that your documentation might support.