‘Uncomfortable’ tour

Hip-hop artist Andy Mineo will bring his “Uncomfortable” tour to Liberty University, narrated by Propaganda with special guest JGivens, according to the Liberty Student Activities (SA) page.

COMING SOON — Andy Mineo will be performing at Thomas Road Baptist Church Nov. 6 at 8 p.m. Photo credit: Joel Coleman

Mineo’s “Uncomfortable” album released Sept. 18, 2015 according to andymineo.com and topped the Billboard “Top Christian Albums” chart Oct. 10.

The album’s inspiration came from Mineo wanting to try something new with his music.

“Really, I’m just trying to find my sound,” Mineo said. “I’m trying to not ride the current wave of music, but really create something different. … Innovation is something that
inspires me.”

In addition, Mineo said he did not want to make “part two” of fan favorite songs such as “You Can’t Stop Me” and “Paisano’s Wylin” according to theboombox.com’s article “Andy Mineo Goes Against the Grain on ‘Uncomfortable’ Album.”

“I’m gonna try and to step out of the safe space (with this album), to kinda curate my own sound,” Mineo said to theboombox.com.

Mineo will perform at Thomas Road Baptist Church Nov. 6 at 8 p.m.

Tickets are $7 in advance for students and $12 at the door, and tickets for the public are $10 and $12 at the door. For more information about the concert, visit liberty.edu/campusrec/
studentactivities.

TILLER is the feature editor.