Convo Connection

The moment I set foot back on Liberty University’s campus this semester, I felt the Holy Spirit’s presence. His movement in our midst is powerful and overwhelming, tangible and real. Although unique and unlike any other college campus on the face of the earth, God’s presence has become what I expect here. And yet, he never ceases to amaze me, to reveal something all together new and holy.

Kelly

Kelly

When I walked into the Vines Center on the first day of Convocation, I felt something. Something very real. Something I had not felt before. There were a handful of people preparing and organizing before students would arrive. Everything was the same. And yet, everything was different. I believe this is a time of revival. A divine time for the champions of Christ to stand up and stand out.

One of Liberty’s most beloved professors, Dr. Ben Gutierrez, challenged us to be bold in allowing the Holy Spirit to direct our lives and hearts so that we might encourage others Wednesday, Jan. 14. Everyone needs encouragement. God knows the details of our lives and longs to be the comfort we desperately need. And with the perfect comfort he extends to us, we are to comfort others. We cannot comfort anyone unless we have first received God’s love and comfort. It always starts with him.

New Orleans Saints tight end Benjamin Watson spoke Friday and shared a glimpse of what I believe God was starting to reveal to me when I walked into Vines that first day back: “Always chase it. Never give up. Go after it.” When we know Christ and our identity is in him, we can abandon the old way, the complacent life. Revival begins with revelation and repentance and leads to radical living.

It is a new year and a new semester. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever — but he is doing a new thing here at Liberty University, in your heart and mine. Let us pray that God will help us to be open and willing, vulnerable and ready to receive the truth and know him, and as a result, stand up and stand out for the king and his kingdom.