Residential Master of Divinity in Professional Chaplaincy: Community
Get the training you need for professional Christian Community Chaplaincy Ministry in secular settings such as the workplace, campus, sports, and first responder venues.
Through the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) in Professional Chaplaincy: Community degree, you’ll get the core values, knowledge, and skills you need to serve in professional Christian ministry effectively. This degree will prepare you through in-depth study of biblical leadership principles and strategies as well as intensive study of the Scriptures and essential truths of the Christian faith.
Through the Community concentration, you’ll also prepare for chaplaincy ministries in private organizations, in the local church, and para-church settings. With this degree, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop a global Great Commission perspective that demonstrates the proclamation and application of the Gospel and disciple-making process
- Examine major critical issues in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible from a conservative evangelical perspective while exhibiting knowledge of the literature appropriate to the field of Biblical Studies
- Examine theological positions on key doctrinal questions and issues in Christian thought
- Synthesize the principles of spiritual leadership, pastoral care, and counseling in the community context
The program benefits pastors and ministry leaders who seek a firm scriptural foundation for service in Christian ministry. The Rawlings School of Divinity offers over 20 different M.Div. concentrations to choose from. The M.Div. is the basis for most School of Divinity doctoral programs.
> The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) in Professional Chaplaincy: Community degree is also offered online
Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards. So you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations. Liberty University is also accredited by SACSCOC.
Academics: M.Div. in Professional Chaplaincy: Community
93 total credit hours
Program of Study
Divinity & Community Chaplaincy Courses
- Pluralism & World Religions (APOL 525)
- Spiritual & Professional Development of the Chaplain (CHPL 598)
- Chaplain Resilient Leaders (CHPL 645)
- Chaplain Evangelism & Discipleship (CHPL 655)
- Clinical Pastoral Education Unit 1 (CPED 631)
Get Started with Your Degree
Career Opportunities With an M.Div. Degree
- Corporate Chaplain
- Community Chaplain
- Prison Chaplain