Mark D. Allen was born and raised in West Virginia. He became a faculty member at Liberty University in July 2013 and now serves as Professor of Biblical & Theological Studies and Executive Director of the Center for Apologetics & Cultural Engagement in the Rawlings School of Divinity. He is the coauthor of Apologetics at the Cross: An Introduction for Christian Witness (2018) and a contributor to Biblical Leadership: Theology for the Everyday Leader (2017). Formerly, Allen served for almost 20 years as a church planter and pastor in Virginia and Indiana.
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- D. Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Th.M., Old Testament, Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., Bible, Tennessee Temple University
- Allen, M. and Chatraw, J. (2023), The Augustine Way: Retrieving a Vision for the Church’s Apologetic Witness, Baker Academic, ISBN: 9781540962485, https://bakeracademic.com/p/The-Augustine-Way-Joshua-D-Chatraw/492138
- Allen, M. and Chatraw, J. (2018), Apologetics at the Cross: An Introduction for Christian Witness, Zondervan Academic, ISBN: 9780310524687, https://zondervanacademic.com/products/apologetics-at-the-cross