Theatre Uncut (formerly Acting Uncut) is a residential high school experience where you will spend 9 days with us here at Liberty. You will interact with Liberty Theatre faculty in small master classes, collaborate with current theatre majors, experience Liberty University up close and personal, and enjoy the freedom to integrate faith and art.
Theatre Uncut features two distinct experiences from which to choose: Performance: Onstage and Production: Backstage. The Onstage track will focus on performance theory and campers will perform a final performance cabaret. The Backstage track will focus on design and production and campers will help produce and manage the cabaret. At Theatre Uncut you will collaborate with fellow artists from across the nation, develop long-lasting friendships, and refine the skills and talents that God has given you.
June 18-26, 2022
- Grades: Students who have completed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Location: Liberty University – Green Hall (Campus Map)
- Theatre Uncut Banquet: June 25, 2022, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. located in the Alumni Ballroom. Campers attend free. Family members can purchase banquet tickets, $25/guest at registration. Attire is business casual.
- Theatre Performance Cabaret: June 25, 2021, 8 p.m. located in the Tower Theater
Enrollment Deadline: June 5, 2022
- Tuition: $895. Includes room, board, and collegiate level instruction from Liberty University faculty and industry guests
- Early Bird: $795 now through May 13, 2022
- Returner Rate Tuition: $795. For students who have attended a previous Acting Uncut session
- Sibling Discount: When registering multiple children at the same time, receive one of the following corresponding discounts:
- For 2 children, 20% off the second registration’s tuition cost
- For 3 children, 30% off the third registration’s tuition cost
- For 4 children, 40% off the fourth registration’s tuition cost
- Multi-Session Discount: When registering a camper for two sessions, receive 20% off the second session
- Refunds: Full refunds with a 4.5% cancellation fee are available until 2 weeks before camp begins. Refunds are not available 2 weeks before camp except in the case of contracting COVID-19.
I’m enrolled! What do I do next?
On June 18, 2022, you should arrive and check in from 12-4:30 p.m. at the LaHaye Student Union Atrium. On June 26, camp will conclude after the morning worship service, which ends at 10:30 a.m. For those arriving and/or departing by plane, please choose flights that work within the check-in and check-out time frames. If a flight is not available within the time frames, please choose a flight closest to them and we will do our best to accommodate.
Uncut Series provides shuttle service to and from the Lynchburg Amtrak Station, the Lynchburg Bus Station, and the Lynchburg Regional Airport. Students may also wish to fly into the Roanoke Regional Airport or Greensboro Regional Airport; however, shuttle service will not be provided from these locations. For those traveling by bus, train, or plane, and in need of shuttle service, please email Chris Nelson (email@example.com) with your itinerary no later than June 10, 2022.
Camp Schedule & Audition Information
- All students are to prepare an audition for Theatre Uncut, which will take place on Sunday morning, June 20th. All campers will perform in the performance cabaret at the end of the week. These auditions simply give our staff a chance to see the campers and cast them accordingly.
- Audition details:
- Prepare a 1-minute contemporary, comedic monologue from a play or movie
- Choose and prepare one of the musical selections posted below. The sheet music is clearly marked with a START and END. You will have a piano accompanist for the auditions.
- There will be dance auditions as well, but there is nothing to prepare ahead of time. You will learn the steps during the auditions.
- Female Audition Songs
- Male Audition Songs
Coming Spring 2022
Theatre Uncut Coordinator
Chris began his career in acting after graduating from college and has specialized in film acting. He has since worked with Terrence Malick and alongside Colin Farrell on The New World as well as appearing in independent feature films Judges and As It Is in Heaven.
Chris continues to act professionally as he takes on additional creative projects, including work on Liberty’s ongoing audio theatre series, The Encounter. Chris enjoys coaching young, motivated actors, developing opportunities for active learning in the arts, and coordinating summer camps for young people.
Theatre Uncut Master Classes: The Stanislavski System, The Meisner Approach, Acting for Stage & Screen
Where Will I Stay?
What Should I Bring?
Camp attire should be comfortable and modest.
Where Can My Parents/Friends Stay?
I Am a First-Year College Student Considering Transferring to LU. May I Attend Theatre Uncut?