Film Uncut is a residential high school experience where you will spend 9 days with us here at Liberty. You will interact with Liberty Film faculty in small master classes, collaborate with current Film majors and alumni, experience Liberty University up close and personal, and enjoy the freedom to integrate faith and art. Film Uncut fosters creativity and fun while introducing filmmaking knowledge and skills. You will learn cinematic storytelling infused with technical expertise from accomplished faculty and take home an original short movie!
June 25-July 3, 2022
- Grades: Students who have completed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Location: Liberty University – Green Hall (Campus Map)
- Film Uncut Banquet: July 2, 2022, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. located in the Alumni Ballroom. Campers attend free. Family members can purchase banquet tickets, $25/guest at registration. Attire is business casual.
- Student Film Red Carpet Premiere: July 2, 2022, 8 p.m. located in our Cinema Theater
Enrollment Deadline: June 12, 2022
- Tuition: $895. Includes room, board, and collegiate level instruction from Liberty University faculty and industry guests.
- Early Bird: $795 now through May 20, 2022
- Sibling Discount: When registering multiple children at the same time, receive one of the following corresponding discounts:
- For 2 children, 20% off the second registration’s tuition cost
- For 3 children, 30% off the third registration’s tuition cost
- For 4 children, 40% off the fourth registration’s tuition cost
- Multi-Session Discount: When registering a camper for two sessions, receive 20% off the second session
- Refunds: Full refunds with a 4.5% cancellation fee are available until 2 weeks before camp begins. Refunds are not available 2 weeks before camp except in the case of contracting COVID-19.
Prior film experience is not necessary. Some light lifting may be necessary when using equipment.
I’m enrolled! What do I do next?
On June 25, 2022, you should arrive and check in from 12-4:30 p.m. at the Commons 3. On July 3, camp will conclude after the morning worship service, which ends at 10:30 a.m. For those arriving and/or departing by plane, please choose flights that work within the check-in and check-out time frames. If a flight is not available within the time frames, please choose a flight closest to them and we will do our best to accommodate.
Uncut Series provides shuttle service to and from the Lynchburg Amtrak Station, the Lynchburg Bus Station, and the Lynchburg Regional Airport. Students may also wish to fly into the Roanoke Regional Airport or Greensboro Regional Airport; however, shuttle service will not be provided from these locations. For those traveling by bus, train, or plane, and in need of shuttle service, please email Chris Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your itinerary no later than June 10, 2022.
Coming Spring 2022
Film Uncut Coordinator
Dr. Lorene Wales has 20+ years experience in feature film production and teaching. Her credits include feature films such as “In-Lawfully Yours” (Netflix) and “First Landing” (ABC Family Channel), winner of 7 national and international awards. Her short films have won various awards such as 2 Telly’s and 3 Worldfest Houston awards. She is also the author of 3 published textbooks, including the most recent “The Complete Guide to Film and Digital Production.” Dr. Wales currently teaches legal issues for filmmakers, marketing and distribution and branding and entrepreneurship for the Zaki Gordon Cinematic Arts center.
Where Will I Stay?
Students will live in the Liberty University Commons 3 dorms.
What Should I Bring?
All film equipment will be provided. See the detailed packing list to know what to bring!
What Kind of Supervision Will Be Present?
All students will be under 24-hour supervision. Camp counselors will reside in the dorms alongside campers for the duration of the camp.
Campers should dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes. All shoes must be closed-toed. For the Student Film Red Carpet Premiere, attire is business casual.
I Am a First-Year College Student Considering Transferring to LU. May I Attend Film Uncut?
Yes! Film Uncut is a great opportunity for potential Liberty students to come, live in the dorms, eat in the dining hall, and meet Liberty Film students, faculty, alumni, and staff members.