Skip to content
When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

State Approval Disclosures


As a condition of Liberty’s Certificate of Approval from the Alabama Commission on Higher Education, the following disclaimers pertain to Liberty’s online programs in Nursing and Teacher Education:

  • Teacher Education: State Authorization to provide a program related to the preparation of teachers or other P-12 school/system personnel does not indicate eligibility for an Alabama certificate. Applicants for an Alabama certificate based on reciprocity must meet Alabama’s test requirements and submit a valid, renewable professional educator certificate/license issued by another state at the degree level, grade level, and in the teaching field or area of instructional support for which an Alabama certificate is sought and for which Alabama issues a certificate. Applicants for Alabama certification in an area of administration must also document at least three years of full-time employment as an administrator in a P-12 school system(s).
  • Nursing: State approval of a program to offer Alabama licensed nurses opportunities for advanced degrees does not indicate eligibility for approval to practice as an advanced practice nurse in Alabama. Applicants for approval in Alabama are required to meet the Alabama requirements for national certification, graduation from a specific-type program for the advanced practice approval, and completion of the appropriate application. Any program offering a pre-licensure track to Alabama students shall meet the requirements of the Alabama regulations for pre-licensure programs or the graduates may not be eligible to take the national licensure examination required by the Alabama Board of Nursing to enter the practice.


  • M.A. Addiction Counseling: While the Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling offered by Liberty University is intended to lead to licensure as an addiction counselor, the State of Arkansas may have additional course requirements and supervised experience in order to earn an Arkansas license. Please check the website for information on Arkansas licensure:
  • M.Ed. School Counseling: The Master of Education in School Counseling offered by Liberty University requires the student to pursue teacher/administrator licensure in Virginia and then earn an Arkansas educator or school administrator license by reciprocity. Please note that the State of Arkansas has additional course requirements in order to earn an Arkansas license in the program area or a similar program area. Please check the website for information on Arkansas reciprocity:


  • Please be advised that our educator preparation programs are NOT accredited in Kentucky by the Education Professional Standards Board and are NOT recognized for initial, additional, or renewal of certification or salary enhancement (rank change) for K-12 educators in Kentucky.  For more information, please visit the Education Professional Standards Board’s website at

New York

  • Due to New York state regulations, the School of Nursing is unable to accept New York residents into the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner degree program as well as the Post Graduate PMHNP certificate until further notice. Additionally, students are not permitted to complete Post-BSN DNP/FNP clinical hours in the state of New York. However, students are permitted to take residential courses at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA, and complete their clinical hours in Virginia. Any questions regarding this disclaimer or the nursing programs should be directed to Shirley Lee at or 434-582-2507.


  • Liberty University is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Liberty University to offer specific degree programs. The Council may be contacted for a list of currently authorized programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430.
  • For students interested in the Master of Arts in Teaching or Master of Education: Eligibility for initial educator certification in Washington is based on completion of a state approved educator preparation program. This program is approved in Virginia. Even though you may be residing in Washington while in this program, your application for educator certification in Washington will be processed as an out-of-state application. Go to for more information. Teachers are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for teacher advancement.
chat live 2 Chat Live
Asset 1 Request Info
Asset 1 Apply Now
visit Visit Liberty