Dr. Steve Keith
Email Dr. Keith: email@example.com
- D.Min., Denver Seminary, 2000.
- M.Div., BJU Seminary, 1981.
- B.A., BJU, 1977.
- CHPL 696: Chaplaincy and Pastoral Ministries
- EVAN 510: Evangelism and the Growing Church
Chaplain, Colonel Steven E. Keith served as Commandant of the United States Air Force Chaplain Corps College at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. In this capacity he directed the Air Force chaplaincy in its mission to educate and train 2,200 Chaplain Corps personnel, including 1375 Active Duty, Reserve, and Air National Guard Chaplains and 760 Chaplain Assistants. The impact of his mission is a well-educated and trained Chaplain Corps serving 800,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, and civilian forces worldwide.
Chaplain Keith was ordained to the ministry in 1981 and was commissioned as an Air Force chaplain in 1983. He has served as an Installation Staff Chaplain, Wing Chaplain, Director of Professional Continuing Education and Professional Distance Learning at the Chaplain Service Institute, as Chief of the Plans Branch, Professional Division at Headquarters Air Combat Command (ACC), and as Deputy Command Chaplain United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE), and as Director of the Armed Forces Chaplaincy Center, Fort Jackson, SC.
Major Awards and Decorations
- Legion of Merit
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Army Commendation Medal
- Navy-Marine Commendation Medal
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters and Valor
- Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
- National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal with oak leaf cluster