A Day of Service
April 23, 2022
Serve Lynchburg is an annual event in which Liberty University students, faculty, staff, and Lynchburg residents join together with community partners to meet local community needs!
- 9:00 AM – 9:20 AM | Site Leader Check-in, Montview Lawn
- 9:20 AM – 9:45 AM | Volunteer Check-in, Montview Lawn
- 9:45 AM | Buses Leave for Worksites
- 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM | Service at Selected Worksites, Lunch at worksites
- 2:30 PM* | Buses Pick Up from Worksites to Return to Campus
- 3 PM* | Buses Drop Off Volunteers to Campus
- 5 PM – 10 PM | Celebrate Serve Lynchburg at the Student Activities After Party, LaHaye Parking Lot
How can I register with my friends?
Serve Lynchburg is a great opportunity to serve the community with your friends. When registering, simply choose the same worksite as those you want to serve with, and you will be on a team together. BUT, if you are signing up on your own, don’t worry! Serve Lynchburg is a great opportunity to meet other volunteers who want to serve their community and tackle a project together.
Is lunch provided?
Yes! You will select your lunch during registration. When you arrive on Saturday, your meal will be available for pick up and take to your site with you. Be sure to eat breakfast ahead of time, as only lunch will be provided.
We are not able to accommodate dietary restrictions. Volunteers are welcome to bring alternative meals if needed. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
What do I wear?
Please wear your Serve Lynchburg 2022 T-shirt!
- You will need to pick up your t-shirt from Montview Student Union at one of the following times:
- Wednesday, April 20th from 12-4 pm
- Thursday, April 21st from 12-4 pm
- Friday, April 22nd from 12-4 pm
- Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers.
For the rest of your clothing choices, be sure to look at the weather and keep in mind the project description for your worksite. Many projects are outdoors and can get dirty so consider wearing clothes that may get very dirty or ruined. Consider bringing a hat and sunscreen for outdoor projects in warm weather or a jacket/coat/rain jacket in cool or wet weather.
What should I bring?
Volunteers should consider bringing a refillable water bottle, sunscreen/hat if working at an outdoor site on a hot day, and a snack if needed.
Can I drive myself?
We ask that all volunteers utilize the LU-provided transportation for this event.
Will there be ADA accommodations?
All sites and projects have ADA accommodations unless noted otherwise in worksite listings. Transportation by LU Vehicles with ADA accommodations is noted in worksite listings. Please notify us of any needed accommodations when registering.
What if I want to change sites or need to cancel my registration?
No problem! When you register for Serve Lynchburg, you will receive a confirmation email. Listed in the email is a reference number. You can use this number in the registration portal to edit or cancel your registration or switch your worksite location to any site with available openings.
For further questions, please contact:
LU Serve | email@example.com | (434) 592-6828