How to Apply: Transfer & Liberty Students
Transfer and Current Students
- GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Minimum: 12 college credits with grades
- Maximum: 60 total college credits (AP, dual enrollment, CLEP, ICE, and/or college coursework)
- Fewer than 15 points with the Office of Community Life (current Liberty University students)
You must have been admitted or concurrently in the process of applying to Liberty University in order to be accepted into the Honors Program. Admission to Liberty University’s Honors Program is competitive, and enrollment is limited.
Applications will only be considered if received or postmarked by March 1. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Drop off your materials at the Honors Program Office located in the Jerry Falwell Library, Room 364, or mail your materials in a single envelope to:
MSC Box # 710018
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Apply to Liberty University’s Honors Program
Be sure to complete the Honors Application fully. To reduce the volume of paper, additional information can be included on the back of the Honors application.
Include an expository essay on the topic “What I Hope to Gain from an Honors Program Education at Liberty University” after researching our website. Describe how you would benefit from our Honors Program curriculum. Follow these format requirements:
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Double-spaced text
- One-inch margins. Leave margins of exactly one inch at the top, bottom, left and right sides of the text.
- Indent the first line of a paragraph half an inch from the left margin.
- Remove any extra lines between paragraphs.
- 4–5 typed pages. Essays less than four full pages will not be read.
Letters of Recommendation
Submit two letters of recommendation from professors. The letters should be written on school letterhead (if available) with a signature. Recommendation letters must be in professional letter format and should address areas such as your intelligence, your critical thinking, your creative problem-solving abilities, and their estimation of your potential to succeed academically in an Honors Program curriculum. The writer is to place the letter in an envelope, seal it, sign across the flap. The student will include the letter in the application packet. Liberty professors can email letters to email@example.com.