This course is designed for individuals with little or no medical training who need First Aid and/or CPR/AED certification to meet job or other requirements.
- Nursing Students: Do not register for this course. Contact the Nursing Department for your CPR training.
- First Aid basics: Medical, Injury, Environmental Emergencies
- Adult, Child, Infant CPR and Choking
- Adult, Child AED
Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive:
- A certification card from the American Heart Association valid for two years
- A 0.4 CEU (Continuing Education Unit) certificate from Liberty University
Open to all, including the general public. Available on campus only. Preregistration required.
- Register for CPR/First Aid/AED
Instructor – Adam Morton
Adam is a Paid Firefighter/Paramedic with the Lynchburg Fire Department, employed by the City of Lynchburg since 2006 and with Emergency Medical Services (EMS) since 2005. He has been in fire services since 1998 when he began volunteering in Rustburg, Virginia.
With an Associate’s Degree in Emergency Services, Adam also holds numerous certifications from the Virginia Department of Fire Programs, National Fire Academy, Virginia Fire Chief’s Association and American Heart Association (AHA). He has been an instructor for AHA since 2008.
Adam and his wife reside in Campbell County.