Student Health Fee
The Student Health fee covers a variety of services each semester and includes unlimited visits to the Student Health Center. The Student Health Fee is designed to cut costs not covered by primary health insurance, including co-pays and co-insurance. It also ensures the quality care you need without delay. The Student Health Fee is a result of the benefit for health care services and not an insurance program. Visit the Student Health Center for insurance questions.
Student Health Fee:
Additional charges from the Student Health Center
Some vaccinations, specialized lab procedures, or diagnostic testing may fall outside the scope of the services covered by the Student Health Fee. For more information, please visit the Student Health Center’s Health Center Charges web page.
Exemptions to the $150 Student Health Fee
The Student Health Fee is built into your tuition each semester. Although there is no exemption for the fee prior to financial check-in, a student may appeal the Student Health Fee for semesters where one or both conditions listed below are met during the semester:
- If you are involved in a program that keeps you away from Liberty’s campus for more than half of the semester.
- If you are a commuter student who resides outside of the Central Virginia area.
You must complete Financial Check-In (FCI) and pay the student health fee in order for it to be removed from your account. When your FCI is complete and your request is approved, you will be refunded.
To appeal the $150 Student Health Fee, you may submit a Student Health Appeal Form.
Services with your Student Health Fee:
- Physician, nurse practitioner, and physician’s assistant office visits
- Acute care visits
- In-office lab tests and diagnostics (including blood draws, EKGs, and basic X-rays)
- Annual physicals
- Chronic disease management for asthma, diabetes, auto-immune disorders, and other long-term conditions
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Preventive care visits
- Nutritional and health coaching
Start date of the Student Health Fee
The Student Health Center implemented the student health fee in the Fall semester of 2016.