Wellness Initiatives & Events
Join the Wellness Olympics
The Wellness Olympics is a university-wide collaborative program comprised of events, weekly challenges, monthly programming, blogs, and the Challenging Your Health Mindset podcast. Students who join receive a calendar of Health and Wellness activities. Students record completed Health and Wellness activities to earn points, track their progress, and become eligible to win prizes.
This event engages participants in the Nine Dimensions of Wellness and provides tools for building a holistic lifestyle. Each month, the individual who logs the most points will earn a prize, and the Wellness Champion who earns the most points will receive the grand prize at the end of the semester.
Register and Record Your Participation Here
Events by Dimensions of Wellness
- Virtual Positivity Week Coming Spring 2023
Learn more about Digital Wellness at Liberty University
- Bee Well at the Library | JFL Active Learning Classroom | 12pm – 4pm | March 7, 2023 |
- Grad Life Workshop – Processing Anxious Moments | Montview 2610 | 4pm – 5:30pm | April 11, 2023 |
- De-stress at the Library | JFL Upper and Lower Atrium | May 3rd – May 9th, 2023 |
Learn more about Emotional Wellness at Liberty University
- Register for A Fresh Start, A New Leaf | Academic Lawn | 2pm – 5pm | March 7, 2023 |
- Spring is coming! Student Health and Wellness is leading a planting session. Join us to de-stress and beautify your environment by planting a succulent to take home!
Learn more about Environmental Wellness at Liberty University
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Squeeze the Pay | The Center for Financial Literacy | 4pm – 6pm | April 5, 2023 |
- Play a life-size game with Student Health and Wellness and the Center for Financial Literacy. Learn how to squeeze the most out of your money while having fun!
Learn more about Financial Wellness at Liberty University
- Grad Life Focus Groups | Commuter Lounge GH1875 | 4pm – 5pm | February 21, 2023 |
- National Library Week | JFL Upper Atrium | 2:30pm – 4pm | April 24, 2023 |
Learn More about Intellectual Wellness at Liberty University.
- Panel Discussion: Little Choices, Big Results | DeMoss Hall Room 1284 | 6pm – 8pm | February 9, 2023 |
- Do you want to learn more about the road to success? Come join us for a panel discussion with professionals across the university! The panelists will share how the faithful choices they made over time led them to where they are now. Questions from audience will be accepted.
- Grad Student Professional Headshot Day | April 12, 2023 |
Learn more about Occupational Wellness at Liberty University
Physical Wellness Events
- Register for Salads in a Jar | Reber Thomas Dining Hall | 5pm – 7pm | January 31, 2023 |
- Start the new year right! Join us to make your salad in a jar and learn the benefits of adding more veggies to your plate! Participants will take home a salad and dressing along with reusable mason jars!
- Join us at the Heart Walk in April 15, 2023. It’s more than just a walk.
Learn more about Physical Wellness at Liberty University
- Blind Date with a Book Social | JFL Upper Atrium | 4pm -5pm | February 14, 2023
- Firing Up the Flames | Academic Lawn | | 5pm – 8pm | April 18, 2023
- Enjoy socializing with games on the lawn.
- There will be delicious food and drinks for the first 300 attendees.
- Wellness Olympics winners will be recognized.
- Grad Student Breakfast | April 11, 2023 |
- Grad Life Mixer | Grand Lobby | 5pm – 8pm | April 14, 2023 |
Learn more about Social Wellness at Liberty University
Spiritual Wellness Events
No Upcoming Events
Learn more about Spiritual Wellness at Liberty University
The Student Health Center and Wellness Initiatives department wants you to be healthy. Through wellness initiatives, we intend to improve and promote health and wellness for a healthier campus. Learn more about our wellness initiatives and partnerships below.
Join the Student Health Center and Wellness Initiatives department as we partner with Melissa Partridge, an LU Graduate Student who is conducting a study on understanding what is necessary for students to have the psychological safety required to feel empowered enough to accomplish their academic goals. Please allot 30 minutes for completion. You must be 18 years of age or older, as well as a Liberty University Undergraduate or Graduate Residential Student to participate.
Participate in the Resilience Study
Campus Wellness Plan
Liberty University is committed to integrating the nine dimensions of wellness, which are physical, emotional, spiritual, social, environmental, intellectual, financial, occupational, and digital wellness, into our campus. The Campus Wellness Plan, also known as the “Choose Well. Do Well. Be Well.” campaign, hopes to promote a culture of wellness for students, staff, and faculty.
Through national health observances and health education tabling events, our department is fostering a healthier environment for Liberty. The annual Health Expo is the premiere health awareness event, which occurs the Fall semester of each academic year, highlights on campus and off-campus vendors who reinforce our commitment to holistic wellness.
The Campus Wellness Taskforce focuses to promote holistic well-being through educating and empowering Liberty students, faculty, and staff to adopt healthy lifestyles. The Taskforce meets quarterly to identify wellness objectives and develop a plan of implementation based on their areas of expertise. Through collaborative efforts, a wellness calendar of events is developed and made accessible to our campus community as a tool to categorize opportunities to improve areas of personal health.
The Student Wellness Committee (SWC) is a group of passionate students who desire to make realistic change on campus regarding dimensions of health and well-being through promoting health observances, tabling events, sponsorship during the annual American Heart Association Walk, and contributing in the development of the Campus Wellness Plan.
The SWC meets regularly throughout the academic year to identify tangible wellness goals. Students in interested in participating in the SWC should contact the Student Health and Wellness Initiatives Department for more information.
The Student Health Center and Wellness Initiatives partners with the Student Health Center and the Liberty University School of Nursing (LUSON) to provide students with mobile immunization clinics that are easily accessible in multiple locations on campus throughout the academic year. These clinics provide an opportunity to combat infectious diseases, as well as preventative immunizations at their convenience.
The Student Health Center and Wellness Initiatives Department recognize National Health Observances that are observed on designated months throughout the calendar year. To educate students on health observances, tabling events are held in high traffic student areas and promoted through various media platforms.
The Student Health Center and Wellness Initiatives department offers fall and spring internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. This can include students from any accredited college or university.
Interns will have the opportunity to participate in event planning, research, data analysis, and presentations. The internship cultivates an environment for interns to grow in both their professional development skills and knowledge in health and wellness.
Liberty University is one of 38 institutions of higher learning to implement Partnership for a Healthier America’s rigorous Healthier Campus Initiative guidelines. These guidelines have been designed to enhance campus environments by supporting and promoting healthier eating and encouraging physical activity.
With healthier options expanded, students have been given the opportunity to make improvements to their overall health and wellbeing.