Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Propel Your Career Forward by Earning One of the Best Online Accounting Degrees
Accountants are essential in determining the current state of business and finding the best path forward to success for a company. Without a solid grasp of a company’s finances and profitability, business flounders. Whether you are already in the field of business and want to gain this financial expertise, or you are entering the field for the first time, you can further your career through Liberty University’s online bachelor’s in accounting degree.
Liberty’s online undergraduate accounting program will teach you the core technical skills of accounting as well as the tools and general business practices that make accountants adaptable to many roles. Since accountants will often face a variety of business tasks and work with many departments, Liberty’s online BS in Accounting will train you in the next level of business acumen to integrate business concepts and make quick, informed decisions to help achieve the company’s desired financial goals. By studying essential business skills with an emphasis on accounting, you will learn to be proficient in the financial language of business through Liberty’s undergraduate accounting program.
What Will You Learn in Our Accounting Degree Online?
- Accounting from a managerial standpoint
- How to analyze key financial statements to understand the position of a business
- The fundamental steps and tasks of auditing
- Essential accounting skills including taxation reporting
Accounting covers a variety of different topics, and Liberty’s undergraduate accounting program is designed to make you familiar with how to handle real-world problems an accountant will commonly encounter. You will be trained to use different accounting technologies and analyze key financial information produced by a business. You may also be interested in exploring our bachelor’s degrees in business administration, information systems, or information technology.
Potential Career Options with Our Online Accounting Degree
- Corporate Business
- Public Accounting
Benefits of Liberty’s Online Degree in Accounting
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online bachelor’s in accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks.
- Students can complete our undergraduate accounting degree in as little as 3.5 years.
- The online BS in Accounting will help fulfill requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant exam (CPA).
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses.
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Feb 15, 2021
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We’re now ranked in the top 1% of online schools and universities for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
– by BestColleges.com
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective and our faculty sees themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years… and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition in 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.