Convo Connection

“All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.” Psalm 66:4

Kelly

Kelly

The fact that almighty God beckons us to come freely into his presence through prayer, praise and worship is profound and deeply humbling. What a blessing it is that we have the opportunity to start the week off as one body, worshipping the one savior and Lord over all. I am thankful that David Nasser and the Convocation team implemented this “All Praise Monday.” It has become the perfect way to start the week.

This past week, Pastor Duke Hergatt shared his story and left us with a profound statement, saying, “Jesus will get involved in the dirty mess of our everyday lives.” I believe we all have a tendency to fall for the lie that we are supposed to have it all together. We trust that God is sovereign and can do all things, but at the same time, we think the messes we find ourselves in from time to time are our responsibility to fix. Yet, the truth is, our mess is the very place where God is most present, actively revealing that he can and will work all things together for his glory and our good. His desire is not that we run from him with our “stuff” but that we surrender it all to him so he can radically transform our messes into his message of grace, forgiveness and hope.

I do not know about you, but I am thankful that in the midst of my mess, God loves me anyway. Why? Because he loves Jesus. He sees his son and what he did on my behalf and on your behalf. Because of this, God does not see my mess. He sees the Messiah.