Faith Learning Integration
Faith Learning Integration at Liberty University
The seamless integration of faith and academics is a critical component of an excellent, well-rounded education from a Biblical Worldview. The integration of faith and learning entails more than including a Bible verse at the beginning of a lecture, having a devotional, or praying with a class. While all of these components are important to a Christian classroom, full integration advances this approach to include the critical examination of academic content through the lens of a Christian student. Faith Learning Integration identifies how God’s brilliant design is found across all disciplines and how its identification helps reveal the very nature of God, man, creation, purpose, redemption, salvation, and order. Faith Learning Integration is a necessary ingredient of a student’s search for truth, reason, and morality, as well as the student’s academic, social, and spiritual development.
To learn more about Liberty University’s position, please read Liberty University’s Doctrinal Statement, Philosophy on Education, and Mission and Purpose.
Faith Learning Integration Resources
There are a myriad of institutions, organizations, journals, books, and resources available to help guide the integration of faith and learning.
- Garzon, Fernando L. (2012). Teaching Christian Integration in Psychology and Counseling: Current Status and Future Directions. Journal of Psychology & Theology.
- Hall, M. Elizabeth Lewis. (2009). The Other Side of the Podium: Student Perspectives on Learning Integration. Journal of Psychology and Theology.
- Harris, R. (2009). The integration of faith and learning. VirtualSalt.
Faith Integration Gallery
Please visit our Faith Learning Integration Gallery to view successful examples of Faith Learning Integration.
Fall 2022 Faith Learning Integration Workshop Series
In Fall of 2022, the Center for Teaching Excellence will hold several Faith Learning Integration workshops with the theme Faith Across the Disciplines. The following speakers have been established.
Roger Bingham; School of Business
- Date & Time: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022, 8:15 A.M.
- Location: DeMoss 3064
J.J. Cole; School of Behavioral Sciences
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022, 8:15 A.M.
- DeMoss 3064
Emmanuel Clottey; School of Health Sciences
- Date: Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, 8:15 A.M.
- DeMoss 3064
Register in the ProDev Portal (CTE tab) or email CTE@liberty.edu.
- Faculty are encouraged to bring their own lunch.