Sigma Delta Pi
Sigma Delta Pi, National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society: Pi Chi Chapter
Sigma Delta Pi is the largest foreign language honor society in existence (over 180,000 members, 600 chapters in 49 states), and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies. From academic honors to the publishing of the “Entre nosotros” journal, and even study-abroad and research grant opportunities, the Sigma Delta Pi National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society is a diverse and prestigious organization that has, for more than 95 years, honored students who demonstrate excellence in the study of Spanish.
Liberty University’s Pi Chi chapter of the Sigma Delta Pi National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society exists
- To recognize those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples.
- To honor those who have contributed to the furthering excellence in the study of the Spanish language and culture through honorary membership.
- To foster interest in Spanish language and culture among students of Liberty University and in the Lynchburg community.
- To encourage the involvement of both native and non-native Spanish speakers in community service and leadership.
- To promote student scholarship and encourage continued language study after graduation.
Students who wish to solicit membership in Liberty University’s Pi Chi chapter of Sigma Delta Pi must meet the following requirements:
- 3.00 overall GPA
- 3.25 GPA in Spanish coursework
- At least 18 credit hours of Spanish, including two 300/400-level Spanish courses.
For more information, please contact Dr. Andrew Milacci of the Modern Languages Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.