New London Day
Explore Local Lynchburg History
Join Friends of New London and Liberty University each October for the annual New London Day, featuring the preservation and restoration of Mead’s Tavern and the old Bedford Alum Springs Hotel.
- Learn about the ongoing architectural study and restoration on a guided tour of Mead’s Tavern led by Liberty University students in period attire
- View an expanded exhibit of archaeological artifacts
- Visit the old Bedford Alum Springs Hotel property and learn about its history dating back to the Revolutionary Era
- See the active archaeological survey currently underway
- Attend a reenactment of a traditional African American brush arbor service
- Visit the camp of the Montgomery County Militia featuring Revolutionary-era reenactors
- Attend a local history forum featuring an expanded World Wars exhibit.
Other events include an antique car show, a petting zoo, food vendors, and live music.
All activities are free of charge.