New London Day
October 26, 2019
Saturday, October 26, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
594 Alum Springs Rd.
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Don’t miss your chance to explore historic sites from the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries and learn more about the history and restoration of New London. Friends of New London and Liberty University are partnering together to preserve and restore this significant piece of American history right here in our own backyard.
- Learn about the ongoing architectural study and restoration on a guided tour of Mead’s Tavern led by Liberty University students in period attire
- View an expanded exhibit of archaeological artifacts
- Visit the old Bedford Alum Springs Hotel property and learn about its history dating back to the Revolutionary Era
- See the active archaeological survey currently underway
- Attend a reenactment of a traditional African American brush arbor service
- Visit the camp of the Montgomery County Militia featuring Revolutionary-era reenactors
- Attend a local history forum featuring an expanded World Wars exhibit.
Other events include an antique car show, a petting zoo, food vendors, and live music
All events are free of charge.