Spring blooms, an empty campus and nothing to do, right? Wrong.
Central Virginia has plenty to offer over the Easter weekend. Here are three ways to celebrate:
1.Worship God in Nature’s Cathedral
Celebrate Easter at Natural Bridge. Worship the risen King surrounded by the glory of His creation. For more than 50 years, Natural Bridge’s Easter Sunrise Service has been an annual Easter tradition for families across Virginia. Admission is free and gates open at 6:30 a.m. The service will begin at 7 a.m. For location details, visit Naturalbridgeva.com
2. Hunt for Eggs at a National Memorial
The Patrick Henry Memorial invites children ages 0-12 years old to join the hunt for eggs and goodies scattered around the historical grounds. Bring a camera and watch as children from the community discover and remember what Easter is about. Members of local churches will tell the Easter story every 30 minutes. The event is free of charge. For more information, call 434-376-2044.
3. Enjoy Sunday Brunch with family
Visit one of the many businesses across Virginia for a family outing and delicious meal.
Brunch options around Virginia include:
– Easter Buffet at Natural Bridge in Natural Bridge near Bedford. Call 540-458-3750 for details.
– Easter Brunch at Skyland Resort in Luray. Call 540-843-2100 for details.
– Easter Sunday Brunch at Delfosse in Nelson. Call 434-263-6100 for more information.