WIN ONE OF TWO $10,000 SCHOLARSHIPS!
At College For A Weekend, you can compete to win a scholarship to Liberty University by telling us how you live a lifestyle of worship.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER
- Track One: Submit an essay explaining how you live a lifestyle of worship and give a speech based on your essay.
- Track Two: Submit a 250-word description of your testimony and perform any Christian song or hymn on the instrument of your choice, including voice.
Enter your information below, submit your paper or testimony to email@example.com, then Present your paper or perform your song for a panel of judges during College For A Weekend (CFAW) October 28-30, 2021. The winner of each track will present on the afternoon of Saturday, October 30 at 3 p.m. as part of the School of Music’s special event called Revive.
Worship Lifestyle will take place during College For A Weekend (CFAW), an unforgettable opportunity for you to experience authentic Christian college life at Liberty’s campus in Central Virginia. You’ll attend classes that interest you and check out Convocation, a platform where some of the nation’s greatest thought leaders, culture leaders, and industry leaders come to speak throughout the year.
Worship Lifestyle competitors must attend September CFAW in order to participate.
God has given you a calling, and the Worship Lifestyle
Scholarship is an opportunity to pursue that call.
SAMPLE ESSAY & SPEECH TOPICS FOR TRACK 1
- How you live out your worship lifestyle throughout the week
- How you encourage others to live a lifestyle of worship
- What living a worship lifestyle means to you.
THINGS TO AVOID
- How you enjoy listening to worship music
- An essay about your favorite Christian artist
- How your youth pastor or parents live a worship lifestyle
- Track One: 500 word minimum, 1,500 word maximum
- Track Two: 100 word minimum, 250 word maximum
*The Worship Lifestyle Project Scholarship Competition has been moved from the September 16-18, 2021 CFAW to the October 28-30, 2021 CFAW event.
- Monday, October 25, 2021, 6 p.m. EST
- Must register for and attend October CFAW.
- Open to all majors.
- U.S. Citizens only.
- May only enter in one track.
- Track One: Students must give a speech based on their written paper. This speech should be between 4-6 minutes in length.
- Track Two: Students must perform a Christian song or hymn on their instrument of choice (piano, voice, trumpet, etc.) Students may select any song of their choice in any style (gospel, contemporary Christian, praise & worship, southern gospel, country Christian, etc.); however, the song must be distinctively Christian in its message. Vocalists may sing and accompany themselves, present their piece a cappella, or provide clearly marked sheet music for our accompanist. Students may not bring an accompanist of their own or use a pre-recorded track. Song length should not exceed 4 minutes for vocalists or instrumentalists.
- Audition slots will be assigned for both tracks 3-10 days before you arrive for College for a Weekend (CFAW). You will receive a personal email with your timeslot.
- For more rules and information about the Worship Lifestyle Scholarship or other CFAW opportunities, visit the CFAW Scholarship Opportunities page.
- Worship Lifestyle concludes on October 30, 2021.
(only for students who plan to complete both the Worship Lifestyle Track 2 Presentation and the School of Music Placement Audition):
- If you plan to major in music, you must complete a School of Music Placement Audition. The School of Music Placement Audition is a requirement for each prospective music major.
- Complete School of Music Placement Audition repertoire guidelines can be found here.
- Due to the time commitment of both the Worship Lifestyle Project Audition and the School of Music Placement Audition, students completing BOTH auditions will be given 1 extended timeslot. Students participating in both should prepare their Worship Lifestyle Project Audition per the guidelines listed above as well as their School of Music Placement Audition per the above link.
- Please note: During the September CFAW, all audition slots are assigned via firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to email one of our coordinators for details on School of Music Placement Auditions, but they will not be assigning the audition timeslots.
Void in Colorado, Maryland, Puerto Rico, any U.S. territories or provinces, and where restricted or prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.