Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) – Medical Office Assistant
Fast Track Your Way to a Career in Healthcare with Our Online Medical Office Assistant Program
The healthcare industry is constantly changing with new technologies and regulations. Without a specialist to manage patient data, keep track of compliance needs, and manage office operations, no healthcare services office would function properly. A medical office assistant has the key responsibility of ensuring the medical office environment runs smoothly and efficiently. If you are looking for an entryway to the health sciences field, you can learn in-demand skills through Liberty University’s 100% online AAS in Medical Office Assistant degree.
A medical office assistant works alongside clinically-based healthcare professionals to improve patient healthcare outcomes. The role covers a variety of different tasks that are all essential to the success of the healthcare field.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university recognized for its academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview. Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill this mission by equipping healthcare professionals with flexible and affordable training from a Christian worldview. Become a part of Liberty’s mission today and make an impact for Christ in the healthcare field!
What Will You Learn in our Medical Office Assistant Online Degree?
- Best-practices for office systems and procedures
- How to manage medical billing and bookkeeping
- Common medical terminology and health sciences concepts
A medical office assistant will see a variety of tasks on the job, and our program is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to confidentially handle any workplace responsibility. Our 100% online format will allow you to further your education while staying connected with your family, your church, and your work. You may also be interested in exploring our Associate of Arts in Business or our bachelor’s degrees in business or healthcare administration.
Medical Assistant Potential Career Options
- Clerical and medical billing expert
- Doctor’s office assistant
- Medical clinic receptionist
Benefits of the AAS in Medical Office Assistant
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online medical office assistant degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our medical office assistant degree in as little as 1 and a half years.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training