We’re Grateful for Your Service — Now it’s Our Turn to Serve You.
We are excited that you are exploring a future at Liberty University! Through hard work and commitment, we have seen our university grow and reach more individuals than we ever thought possible.
Because we know the meaning of dedication, we are committed to training our students in a way that pushes them to reach their highest potential and complete an online degree that will set them up for success. Degrees in almost every industry mean you’ll compete in today’s labor market, whether you’re adding to your existing expertise or exploring a new career field.
Whether you are currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone with military experience, we’re here to serve you.
Our military benefits are available to:
- Active Duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
Tuition Discounts and Benefits
At Liberty, you’ll find some of the most competitive tuition pricing for students with military affiliation, including:
- For undergraduate programs (certificate, associate degrees, and bachelor’s degrees), the tuition rate is $250 per credit hour, which is the Tuition Assistance cap for Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.
- For graduate programs (certificate and masters level), the tuition rate is $275 per credit hour.
- Our Doctor of Education and Education Specialist degree programs also qualify for the graduate tuition rate of $275 per credit hour.
- Our divinity program block tuition rate allows you to pay no more than $2,475 per semester in tuition when pursuing a divinity degree. Block rate = 9 to 15 credit hours (less than 9 or more than 15 credit hours for Military Benefits: $275/credit hour)
- Application fees are waived for service members and veterans.
Tuition Assistance, Veterans Benefits, and GI Bill®
As part of Liberty University’s commitment to providing excellent service to military students, we have a team of professionals in our Office of Military Affairs available to assist you with your Tuition Assistance, GI Bill, and other military funding. Liberty is also a proud Yellow Ribbon participant.
Transfer and Military Credit
You’ve already shown that you can rise to any challenge and meet it with determination and grit, so we’ll work with you to see how your current knowledge or military training can count toward your degree completion. At Liberty, you can transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree.
Liberty is Proud to Offer Police, EMS, and other First Responders a Generous Discount off Tuition for Most Programs
We want to make earning a college education as affordable as possible by offering generous discounts to first responders. The Towns/Kopis First Responder Tuition Discount was created to offer a discounted tuition rate for police, firefighters, ems, and others who work as first responders. As our way of saying ‘Thank You,’ we proudly provide:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Free evaluation of training and life experience for college credit
- Personalized service throughout your college experience from a team of knowledgeable Academic Advisors
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits like Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits
Who Qualifies for the First Responders Discount?*
Liberty University defines First Responders as students currently (or within the last five years) employed, volunteering full-time, or retired from the areas of law enforcement, emergency services, Civil Air Patrol (CAP) senior members, fire safety and rescue work, and TSA.
This discount only applies to students enrolled in online associate, bachelors, graduate, and doctoral degree programs.
Are you a First Responder with Military experience?
Many veterans who are no longer serving in the military are often employed as emergency response personnel in their civilian careers. Unlike most other scholarships or discounts, veterans can stack our military tuition discount with the First Responders discount, as long as all qualifications are met. Ask an Admissions Counselor about these amazing benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.