Coffeehouse: Exes & XO’s
March 25 / 11:30 p.m.
February 13, 14, 17, 18
Deadline: February 19
“We need to talk”
“This isn’t working”
“It’s not you it’s me”
Hearing that feels like the world is ending. but hopefully, most of us will feel what it means to truly be in love. We will feel the heart-pounding, life-giving, irrational impulse to love and be loved. Such a feeling is a gift, and worth pursuing at all costs.
This feeling has inspired artists like Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, and Olivia Rodrigo to revolutionize the sounds of love and heartbreak. Movies throughout the decades have tried to capture these raw emotions such as 10 Things I Hate about You, The Notebook, 500 Days of Summer, and The Titanic. Human connection has inspired and torn down but love and heartbreak will always help people create stories to share.
We invite the entire student body to hear from musicians and performers from all across campus as they share the greatest songs about love and heartbreak that have ever been written.
All the while enjoying student made videos that highlight Liberty dating culture and the undue pressure on Liberty students to get married
If you are a performer and would like to audition for Coffeehouse, please reserve a timeslot here.
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided during tryouts and the show. Acts may bring their own snare, but will need to use the provided drum kit.
- Acts must provide all other instruments and equipment (keyboards, stands, amps, guitars, cables, etc.)
- Acts may not sing to a track
- No single acapella or instrumental performances will be allowed to try out
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into the show
- Everyone from the act must be present at the tryout
- All performances must be under 4:30 mins in length
Who can tryout?
1-3 performers: Must all be Liberty students
4+ performers: 75% Liberty students
Please register your act for one 20 minute time slot that is available. All reservations are first come, first served. You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout time to check in. Acts who have not checked in at least 5 minutes in advance will forfeit their time slot. Only one reservation per group allowed.
Photos will be taken of all acts during their tryout, so come dressed show-ready. If accepted, the photo will be used on the screen at Coffeehouse!
- Videos must be between 1:00 – 4:00 mins in length
- Files must be: MP4, 16:9, and 1080p (suggested: 5-8mbs, H.264 Stereo Audio)
- All videos must be submitted by February 19
- All video files and this PDF must be uploaded to the Dropbox link here, with each file labeled ‘Name_VideoTitle’
- All videos must add captions to improve the viewers experience
- All parties in the video must be willing participants
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show