Christmas Coffeehouse: Snowed In
December 2 / 11:30 p.m.
Tickets on Sale Now!
Around Christmas time, everything can seem crazier. Shopping is harder, traffic is slower, and family members you didn’t even know you had are now sleeping in your house. On top of that, there are 100 things to get done. You need to go to school, then go to practice, take a test, and turn in a paper… then, on that fateful day, the universe chooses to grant you a special gift. A snow day! The best thing that can possibly happen. No more school. No more tests, just a day filled with sledding, snowmen, hot cocoa, and wintery memories. This Christmas Coffeehouse, we will celebrate that simple moment when all cares and worries are dashed aside for a day of snowy adventures. We hope to see you all at Christmas Coffeehouse: Snowed In.
- All doors will open one hour prior to the start of the show.
- All guests will enter through metal detectors and must adhere to the Clear Bag Policy, so please bring as few belongings as possible.
- Please sit in the assigned seat that is indicated on your ticket.
This is your chance to perform in front of the entire Liberty Student body! Student Activities Coffeehouse showcases dozens of Liberty’s best performers in a 2-hour, packed house event and we are inviting you to tryout. We want to see you on stage, in the Vines Center, on December 2nd.
Interested in trying out or submitting a video? All we ask is that you embrace the spirit of Christmas Coffeehouse: Snowed In.
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided during tryouts and the show. Acts may bring their own snare, but will need to use the provided drum kit.
- Acts must provide all other instruments and equipment (keyboards, stands, amps, guitars, cables, etc.)
- Acts may not sing to a track
- No single acapella or instrumental performances will be allowed to try out
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into the show
- Everyone from the act must be present at the tryout
- All performances must be under 4:30 mins in length
Who can tryout?
1-3 performers: Must all be Liberty students
4+ performers: 75% Liberty students
- Videos must be between 1:30 – 5:00 mins in length
- Files must be: MP4, 16:9, and 1080p (suggested: 5-8mbs, H.264 Stereo Audio)
- All videos must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on October 23
- All video files and this PDF must be uploaded to this Dropbox link with each file labeled ‘Name_VideoTitle’
- All videos must add captions to improve the viewers experience
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show
All registration takes place online. Please register your act for one 20 minute time slot that is available.
All reservations are first come, first served. You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout time to check in. Acts who have not checked in at least 5 minutes in advance will forfeit their time slot.
Only one reservation per group allowed.
Acts who get into the show must have their full group available for soundcheck on December 2nd (all day).
In the past we have showcased pictures of bands practicing for Coffeehouse, so we encourage all acts to take photos while they practice for their tryouts.
We hope that you understand that while dozens of talented acts audition for Coffeehouse, we can only include so many in the show. That being said there are things you can do in order to increase your chances to be in Coffeehouse:
- Infuse your performance with a lot of energy. While we always include a few ballads or slow songs, this show starts at 11:30 PM. The inclusion of a drummer or upbeat song is always appreciated.
- Diversify your performance with something unique. Dancing, acapella, and fun instruments like banjos, brass instruments, etc. can really help set you apart.
- Be intentional about your song choice. Try to identify your bands strengths and pick a song that fits your abilities.
- Rehearse rehearse rehearse.
- Not all acts need to be music. We always love to see a well put together magic act, comedy routine, or tap dancing.