Coffeehouse: The Late Show
March 27 / 7 and 11 PM / Vines Center and Virtual
On sale February 15
Floor Tables (6 seats) – $75*
*Reduced capacity at tables for spring 2021
Advanced Reserved – $5
Day of Show Reserved – $7
Capacity: 250 each show
Must purchase by March 25 at noon
Virtual Watch Party (up to 6 guests) – $10
No individual virtual tickets are available as all guests are encouraged to watch together. If you plan to watch in groups larger than six, please purchase additional tickets.
To purchase tickets, click the ‘Tickets’ tab above
February 16, 18 / 4 – 10 p.m.
February 20 / 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
LaHaye Event Space
For this semester’s Coffeehouse, we’re looking for some original tryouts! If you’re wondering what type of content to try out to, we suggest looking up “best musical performances on late night shows” for some lists of the top guests over the years. We also suggest looking into skits from shows like Saturday Night Live! and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon that feature musical guests. We want to see creativity and originality in your tryout, and of course, we always want more cowbell!
Reserve Timeslot see full details under ‘Tryout Reservations’
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided during tryouts and the show. Acts may bring their own snare, but will need to use the provided drum kit.
- Acts must provide all other instruments and equipment (keyboards, stands, amps, guitars, cables, etc.)
- Acts may not sing to a track
- No single acapella or instrumental performances will be allowed to try out
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into the show
- Everyone from the act must be present at the tryout
- All performances must be under 4:30 mins in length
Who can tryout?
1-3 performers: Must all be Liberty students
4+ performers: 75% Liberty students
- Videos must be between 1:30 – 5:00 mins in length
- Files must be: MP4, 16:9, and 1080p (suggested: 5-8mbs, H.264 Stereo Audio)
- All videos must be submitted by 11 p.m. on February 21
- All video files and this PDF must be uploaded to this Dropbox link with each file labeled ‘Name_VideoTitle’
- All videos must add captions to improve the viewers experience
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show
To reduce the amount of acts in the LaHaye lobby during tryouts, we are doing advanced reservations only. Please register your act for one 20 minute time slot that is available. All reservations are first come, first served. You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout time to check in. Acts who have not checked in at least 5 minutes in advance will forfeit their time slot. Only one reservation per group allowed.
Acts who get into the show must have their full group available for soundcheck either March 26 (evening) or March 27 (all day). Acts will perform in both shows the night of the event.
Photos will be taken of all acts during their tryout. If accepted, the photo will be used on the screen at Coffeehouse, so come dressed show-ready!
Capacity Limits and Ticket Changes
Due to capacity limits and potential changes from the state, in-person ticket counts may increase or decrease at any time. We will update our social media and our website if more tickets become available. In the event that capacity increases, virtual ticket holders will be given first priority in purchasing in-person tickets. Because of this, we encourage groups to purchase their virtual tickets as soon as possible. If capacity limits are lower than the amount of tickets sold by the week of the show, ticket holders will be given the option to move virtually or receive a refund in the order in which they were purchased.
All ticket holders will receive an email the day before the show with details on what to do when they arrive to the venue or how to watch virtually. Once they receive the link, virtual ticket holders are encouraged to log in 30 minutes prior to the show in order to confirm they have access. Virtual ticket sales will stop on Thursday, March 25, no exceptions. If you do not receive a ticket confirmation within 24 hours of purchasing, please call the Ticket Office to ensure your order went through, as last minute ticket purchases or resolutions will not be permitted.
For safety precautions LUPD will be enforcing the following security regulations at Coffeehouse:
- All doors will open one hour prior to each show
- All guests must adhere to Student Activities Event Sanitary Procedures
- All guests will be required to enter through metal detectors and must adhere to the Clear Bag Policy, so please bring as few belongings as possible
- There will be no re-entry once you have gone through the metal detectors (please make sure your friends’ are not holding your ticket)
- Entrance will only be permitted through Gates 1 and 2. Exits will be Gates 4 and 5
- No outside food or drink permitted