Coffeehouse: Christmas in the City
Dec. 3 / 11:30 p.m.
Oct. 18, 20, 24 / 4 – 10 p.m.
Oct. 22 / 1 – 8 p.m.
LaHaye Event Space
Deadline: Oct. 23
Student Activities invites you to join us for a night of jaw dropping talent and iconic student-made videos in a 2-hour spectacular Christmas Celebration. As is tradition, every act will be comprised of the best performers Liberty has to offer.
As we celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, we do so with thoughts of snow-covered sidewalks, the jolly smile of a department store Santa, and Christmas music drowning out the bustle of the city. Whether it be Chicago, New York, London, or Paris there is something magical about millions of people packed tightly together, sharing Christmas cheer. Movies like Home Alone: Lost in New York, Elf, and Miracle on 34th street, show us that despite the chaos and busy streets, sometimes the best place to be for the Holidays is surrounded by the people you love.
Interested in trying out or submitting a video? All we ask is that you embrace the spirit of Coffeehouse: Christmas in the City.
Reserve Timeslot see full details under ‘Tryout Reservations’
- Drum kit + cymbals will be provided during tryouts and the show. Acts may bring their own snare, but will need to use the provided drum kit.
- Acts must provide all other instruments and equipment (keyboards, stands, amps, guitars, cables, etc.)
- Acts may not sing to a track
- No single acapella or instrumental performances will be allowed to try out
- Individuals in multiple acts inhibit the chances of each of those acts getting into the show
- Everyone from the act must be present at the tryout
- All performances must be under 4:30 mins in length
Who can tryout?
1-3 performers: Must all be Liberty students
4+ performers: 75% Liberty students
Please register your act for one 20 minute time slot that is available. All reservations are first come, first served. You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your tryout time to check in. Acts who have not checked in at least 5 minutes in advance will forfeit their time slot. Only one reservation per group allowed.
Acts who get into the show must have their full group available for soundcheck either Dec. 2 (evening) or Dec. 3 (all day), as well as the night of the event.
Photos will be taken of all acts during their tryout, so come dressed show-ready. If accepted, the photo will be used on the screen at Coffeehouse!
- Videos must be between 1:30 – 5:00 mins in length
- Files must be: MP4, 16:9, and 1080p (suggested: 5-8mbs, H.264 Stereo Audio)
- All videos must be submitted by 11 p.m. on October 23
- All video files and this PDF must be uploaded to this Dropbox link with each file labeled ‘Name_VideoTitle’
- All videos must add captions to improve the viewers experience
- Any videos containing footage of illegal or unlawful activity will not be considered for the show