Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nursing Education
Become a Nursing Research Expert with Our Ph.D. in Nursing Education
Do you love being a nurse and educating others? Maybe you’ve been in the practice for just a few years, or you’ve spent decades serving others as a nurse. Have you thought about passing on your knowledge and experience by educating the next generation of nurses? If this interests you, our Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education degree can provide both the knowledge and research experience you’ll need to become a faculty member at a university or educator in a medical facility where you educate nurses.
Our doctorate in nursing education is a great credential to have to advance or alter your career path. You can become a professor of nursing or pursue other educational opportunities within healthcare. You could go into hospital administration, health policy advocacy, or nursing research.
So don’t wait any longer! Nursing education is a growing field that needs educators who are passionate about using medicine to serve others. We know you have the heart and experience for this field, and with our degree, you’ll receive the education you need to excel.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Nursing Education Program?
Upon successful completion of our program, you’ll be able to:
- Act as a professional nursing leader, role model, and mentor to others who wish to pursue advancement in the nursing profession.
- Advocate for policies and programs that improve health outcomes for individuals and communities.
- Apply ethical decision-making and values to the nursing profession based upon a biblical worldview.
- Contribute to the science of nursing by applying original research and scholarship to real-world problems.
- Educate the next generation of nurse scholars to add to the global community of nursing professionals.
- Synthesize the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of nursing in the practice of research.
Career Opportunities for Ph.D. in Nursing Education Graduates
- Health policy advocate
- Hospital administrator
- Nurse scientist
- Nursing professor/faculty member
- Nursing researcher
Benefits of Earning a Ph.D. in Nursing Education
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Nursing Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- With a growing demand for nurses, nurse educators are also in demand at all levels, and with a doctorate in nursing, you will have an advantage in receiving job offers.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 20, 2022
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC