Doctor of Nursing Practice
Complete Our Online DNP Program and Perform at the Highest Level of Nursing Practice!
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree will take you to the highest level of nursing practice within your desired specialty. You will be trained in the advanced skills necessary to apply evidence-based clinical decision-making and culturally competent care to individuals, families, and community populations while promoting the synthesis of academic knowledge with ethically sound nursing practice.
Our healthcare systems need Christian leaders who can meet the challenges faced by the health services field and lead with confidence and integrity. As a Christian college, Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by equipping nursing educators and administrators with advanced clinical expertise rooted in a Christian worldview.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university recognized for its academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview. Liberty University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) so you can be confident that your DNP education is meeting the highest standards.
Our 100% online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree is designed to provide you with the in-demand skills to translate evidence-based research into practice to improve patient safety and quality of care. Through our DNP degree, you can develop the ability to lead inter-professional teams driving innovations to improve healthcare, systems, and policies.
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Nursing Practice Online Degree Program?
- Applications of evidence-based core practices for educating nurses
- Clinical prevention and biostatistics so you can adapt essential management needs
- Informatics, technology, and trends for transforming healthcare
At Liberty, we are proud to support you in your journey to a healthcare leadership role by offering a flexible and affordable online degree. The online DNP degree program is designed to be completed in as little as 2.5 years while staying in clinical practice. Each of Liberty’s DNP classes is taught by Christian healthcare professionals with real-world experience so you can be confident that you are learning from professors who have walked in your shoes and want to help you succeed.
Potential Careers with a Doctoral Degree in Nursing Practice
- Clinical researcher
- Healthcare management
- Nursing administrator
- University professor
Highlights of Liberty University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online DNP degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The online DNP degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Virginia State Council of Higher Education.
- Students can complete this online DNP program in as little as 2.5 years including clinical practice requirements.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 20, 2022