We are proud to announce Student Activities’ second annual Film Fest! Over the course of the festival, we will show several short films submitted by LU students. In addition to the short films, attendees will be able to hear from a panel of experts as well as partake in hors-d’oeuvres and drinks each night.
7-9 p.m. / Doors open at 6:45 p.m.
LaHaye Event Space
Panel of Judges
Won Novalis is an award-winning editor of six feature films as well as dozens of commercials, documentaries and short film projects. He also has feature and commercial experience as DIT and a post-production supervisor. In the commercial world, he has and still works with clients like GE, Microsoft, the United Way, and the American Advertising Federation. A student of his craft, he’s constantly pushing the boundaries and enjoys working with those who do the same.
Drew Snavely is the Special Event Coordinator for Student Activities and has been with the department for six years. He oversees various logistics from analyzing event data to managing monthly budgets. He also assists with advancing the department in cultural products within the entertainment industry. Drew is a co-host on the soccer history podcast, Dead Ball Brothers.
Q&A with film directors
- Must receive a Statement of Interest form by the deadline to be eligible
- First full-length draft of the film due January 19 to Dropbox (please label film: StudentName_FilmTitle_Film.mov or .mp4)
- The format of the film must be QuickTime 1080/24p
- May not exceed 10 minutes in length
- Must abide by the Liberty Way
- Must be a current LU student to participate
- Must be able to attend the festival
- Work must be an original