Honors Program & National Merit
Liberty University offers a limited number of scholarships to students who are accepted into our Honors Program and who meet certain eligibility requirements, and preference is given to those who apply early. Applications will not be considered unless postmarked by April 1.
Minimum requirements to apply to the Honors Program are as follows:
- Must meet one of the minimum standardized test score requirements:
- 1270 old SAT, pre-March 2016 (math and critical reading)
- 1330 new SAT (math and evidence-based reading)
- 28 ACT (composite)
- Minimum 3.50 GPA
- 4-5 page expository essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Must not have earned more than 60 credits
Deadlines for Fall 2017
Early Review Deadline: November 1, 2016
Final Review Deadline: April 1, 2017
- $4,000 per year
For more details on the application process and requirements, visit the Honors Program webpage.
To be considered for a National Merit scholarship, students must present their National Merit certificate and participate in the Honors Program. The Honors Program awards a limited number of scholarships per year and the process is highly competitive.
- Commended: full tuition up to four years
- Semi-Finalists: full tuition up to four years
- Finalists: full tuition, room & board up to four years