Class Officer Campaign Procedures
- To apply, please complete the Class Officer Candidate Application by August 27.
- Approved candidates must attend the mandatory candidate meeting taking place on Monday, August 31 (details of the meeting will be emailed to approved candidates directly).
- Immediately following the mandatory candidate meeting all approved candidates will be allowed to launch social media campaigns only.
- Physical campaigning such as tabling and any form of flyers and posters will not be permitted until Monday, September 7.
- Voting will take place on Wednesday, September 9 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm via the Splash Page.
- All posters must be approved and stamped by the Commuter Services Office. The office is located by the Office of Student Conduct (Green Hall 1830). Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- You may put up posters during election week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- You may tack, staple, or tape them on the tack boards designated by Commuter Services. They will provide a map of approved locations.
- You may also put up posters in the residence halls, with RA approval.
- You may make an announcement in hall meeting, with RA approval.
- Each candidate may have a table set up in designated tabling areas on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. You may bring handouts, fliers, poster boards, laptops, speakers for music, and anything to give away, i.e. candy. This is your opportunity to solicit undecided voters.
- You may ask your professor if you may give a brief in-class announcement to inform your class that you are running. Please be respectful. Most professors will not let you make an announcement before class. Please set this up in advance, and avoid asking immediately before class.
If you have questions, please email Jack Heaphy for more information.