When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who can I talk to about my issue/concern?

    In the Student Advocate Office, our main goal is to assist residential students with any issue that comes about during their time at Liberty University. If you have a question or issue that arises and you would like to voice your concern, please visit, call or email the Student Advocate Office. While the University has certain policies in place to ensure consistency and safety in Academia and Campus Life, the SAO has the ability to listen to your concerns and assist you in resolving the issue.

    We are located in DeMoss Hall, Room 1100 and are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are closed for walk-in visits during Convocation. 

  • Are there additional scholarships I'm eligible for?

    The SAO can help you find outside scholarships.

    We teach Scholarship Search courses that are designed to help point you in the right direction in finding scholarships tailored to you. We know from experience how overwhelming it can feel to pay for college.

    Check out our website monthly. We update a "Scholarship of the Month" link for you to keep your scholarship applications current.

    Lastly, if you are facing a serious financial hardship that will prevent you from being able to return to Liberty, you may want to set up an appointment with a Student Advocate to see if you qualify for any additional aid.

  • I can't afford college, what do I do?

    Get in touch with us. Every person’s situation is unique and we will do our best to evaluate your need and assist in whatever way we can.

  • Can I switch rooms in the middle of a semester?

    The Office of Residence Life allows a "Room Change Request" form to be submitted after the first week of classes each semester. There is a $35 charge to submit the form, even if you decide not to change rooms. During certain times of the year, the link will not be available due to room change restrictions.

    For any questions, please connect with the Office of Residence Life at (434) 592-4139 or residencelife@liberty.edu.

  • How do I sign up for an LUO class as a residential student?

    Per policy, residential students must first have an established Liberty University GPA of a 2.0 in order to register for online classes. If you are a first-semester student at Liberty, you will be required to wait until your final grades post for your first semester to register for LUO classes.

    Once you have an established GPA of at least a 2.0 you can register for online courses using the Course Registration Tool.  Students who do not meet the GPA requirement can appeal to take online courses for a specific semester through the RAD Appeal Form, which is available inside the Course Registration Tool.

  • How do I withdraw from Liberty?

    To process an official withdrawal from Liberty University you must stop by, in person, to meet with the Student Advocate Office. Please keep in mind that withdrawing during a semester has significant financial repercussions nearly 90% of the time. It is our job to help you find a way out.

    If you are considering a withdrawal, please come to the Student Advocate Office and speak with an Advocate. We can give you direction, explain your options, and help close out your account if necessary.

Chat Live 


(434) 582-7200
(434) 582-3827 (fax)

DeMoss Hall, Room 1100

Chat Live
Request Info
Apply Now
Visit Liberty