Take Your Artistic Ability to New Heights with Liberty’s School of Visual and Performing Arts!
Imagine yourself performing with a professional theatre company in front of thousands of people. Create your story using RED Weapon cameras in a 4k theatrical-standard workflow. Picture your graphic design work on display as you compete in one of the advertising industry’s largest competitions.
If any of those images excite you, consider pursuing a degree with our School of Visual and Performing Arts! At Liberty, we have various degrees in theatre, studio and digital art, and cinematic arts so that you can express your passions in whatever medium speaks to you.
Our faculty are professionals in their respective fields, so you can learn best practices while working with state-of-the-art industry equipment and facilities! Partner with Liberty to gain the resources you need to develop your talent.
Available School of Visual and Performing Arts Programs
Why Choose Liberty’s School of Visual and Performing Arts?
We are proud of the School of Visual and Performing Arts’ faculty and student body – our award-winning professors and high-achieving alumni are what make our school successful. And with state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge equipment, we help provide current students with the tools they need to produce incredible work.
While our film production graduates are working on movie sets like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Black Panther, and Avengers: Infinity War, our studio art alumni are creating graphic design work for big-name collections, such as Target’s Magnolia line. At the same time, we have theatre students acting on shows like The Walking Dead.
Join in on the success by pursuing a degree with our School of Visual and Performing Arts! Check out some of the other achievements, resources, and benefits of our programs below.
Film Production and Content Development
- Each student from our B.S. in Film Production and Content Development program graduates with their own film created in a theatrical 4K workflow using RED Weapon cameras and an up to 5.1 surround sound mix.
- As a graduate from this degree, you will walk away with a demo reel, an IMDB credit, a business plan, and a feature-length screenplay. Additionally, you can pursue certification in Pro Tools, Avid, and Adobe products.
- Our program is the first of any university to produce a student-driven movie that received a national theatrical release.
Studio and Digital Arts
- Our faculty are professionals in the industry with advanced degrees in their fields.
- Liberty’s studio art students have won more graphic design awards as part of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) Awards than all of the other schools in Virginia and North Carolina combined!
- We offer eight theatre productions per year for student participation, which is more than the majority of our peer institutions.
- Students benefit from our Alluvion Stage Company, a professional theatre company that allows students and professionals to perform together!
Departments within the School of Visual and Performing Arts
Since the scope of degrees varies greatly, our School of Visual and Performing Arts has three distinct departments.
Our Cinematic Arts Department focuses on training the next generation of filmmakers in a Christ-focused environment. We are the first department at any university to produce a student-driven movie that received a national theatrical release. Our students graduate with professional set experience, state-of-the-art equipment experience, and a portfolio of work that can open the door to many exciting positions within the field.
The goal of our Department of Studio and Digital Arts is to produce visual artists, graphic designers, and art educators that are grounded in a biblical perspective.
Our Department of Theatre Arts focuses on the theory and practice of theatre performance and production. Our desire is to equip students to be observant, sensitive theatrical artists who glorify Christ through their craft.