Impact the World with Our B.S. in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Degree
Do you love the outdoors and desire to have a positive impact on the world? With our Bachelor of Science in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies degree, you can combine these passions and make a difference in a variety of ministry-related fields. In our bachelor’s degree in camp and outdoor adventure leadership with a specialization in global studies, you will:
- Learn the logistics behind Christian camp and outdoor ministries
- Experience the great outdoors as an integral part of your career
- Prepare to reach the world with the gospel
We know that you are passionate about God, people, and creation, and our B.S. in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership degree will provide you with the tools you need to have a successful career that serves God, ministers to people, and helps them enjoy creation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Bachelor’s Degree?
The outdoor adventure field is exciting and unique. And Christian camps and outdoor ministries need individuals with your passion and dedication to the Gospel to help them cast and implement visions that further their impact for Christ. When you earn your bachelor’s in camp and outdoor adventure leadership from Liberty, you can be confident that you will learn the skills you need to lead these ministries with excellence and integrity.
While you earn your bachelor’s degree with us, you can take advantage of the amenities in our new Freedom Tower, where our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is housed. This state-of-the-art facility contains exciting new technology, like a classroom with teleconferencing capabilities, providing opportunities for you to chat live with professionals who are serving Christ through camp and outdoor adventure ministries around the world.
You’ll also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through an internship tailored to your individual career goals. Many of our students complete internships with well-known churches and organizations across the globe. To help you find the internship that is right for you, we host a School of Divinity ministry fair each year, giving you the opportunity to network with ministries like the International Mission Board, Hume Lake, and The Summit Church.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Degree?
When you choose a degree from our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, you gain the biblical training you need to excel in any ministry. We want you to be fully equipped as a Champion for Christ, and our divinity programs provide the training you need to disciple others, defend your faith, and study the Word of God. Building on this foundation, your camp and outdoor adventure leadership classes will teach you the practical skills you need to launch and manage both Christian camps and outdoor recreational facilities. We offer courses like campsite planning and design, foundations of ministry programming, and global youth culture, preparing you for the world of international outdoor ministry.
And with a concentration in global studies, you will gain the foundation in international ministry you need to be successful in your field. You will learn from professors who have lived and ministered around the world, enabling them to give you important insights you can use to further your cross-cultural communication and ministry skills. Partner with us, and prepare to bring the Good News to the world through the exciting field of outdoor adventure.
Review our B.S. in Camp and Outdoor Adventure – Global Studies’ Degree Completion Plan, and look at our featured courses below for more information on what you will be studying.
COAL 310 – Christian Camp: Site Plan and Design
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to properly evaluate the feasibility of developing raw land into a viable Christian camp or outdoor adventure ministry site
- The environmental studies required for site development
- How to read and understand topographical maps
- How to work with architects and engineers on site plan development
COAL 370 – Managing the Christian Ministry Organization
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A comprehensive examination of leadership in a Christian camp or outdoor ministry organization
- An exposition of biblical passages supporting the establishment and function of Christian camps and outdoor ministry organizations, examining their supportive relationship to the local church
- Pragmatic applications for effectively directing/managing a Christian camp and outdoor ministry organization
COAL 460 – Camp and Outdoor Ministry
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A comprehensive culmination of the biblical foundation and benefits that were covered in the camp and outdoor adventure leadership program
- Complete a brand new start-up camp or outdoor adventure ministry project from mission statement and property selection until opening day for business, including a comprehensive business plan, as an assessment tool to demonstrate mastery of each discipline required to be successful in the camp and outdoor adventure leadership profession
GLST 390 – Engaging Oral Communicators
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An in-depth study of oral learners as those who prefer the spoken word as a primary form of communicating thoughts and observations
- Skills in communication, guiding the growth of oral communicators and fostering community development through the telling of stories
Highlights of Our B.S. in Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Degree Program
- Our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity professors are active in the classroom, ministry, research, and publishing original works.
- Our School of Divinity is committed to the authority of Scripture and conservative evangelical theology.
- Benefit from the professor involvement of a small Bible college while enjoying the amenities of one of the largest Christian universities in the nation.
- Take advantage of internship opportunities with churches and parachurches locally, nationally, and globally.
- The new Freedom Tower, home to our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, offers cutting-edge technology like a 7-projector immersive classroom, an interactive classroom that utilizes teleconferencing capabilities, and a state-of-the-art homiletics teaching lab.
- Enjoy access to the Rawlings Foundation’s rare book collection, valued at over $1 million dollars, contains a 111-foot long Torah scroll dating back to the 16th century, as well as a functioning Gutenberg Printing Press replica.
Our Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Our Camp and Outdoor Adventure Leadership – Global Studies Graduates
- Camp director/coordinator
- Wilderness skills instructor
- Wilderness guide
- Camp marketing
- Natural resource management
- Search and rescue
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Degree Programs
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.