LUO Subject Matter Expert (SME) Compensation
SME compensation can be received a maximum of two times per sub-term for two unique courses (not two sections of the same course) and is not available during the C term. Faculty Support Coordinators (FSCs) are responsible for updating SME information in the Faculty Appointment Manager prior to the start of each subterm.
SME compensation is not affected by contract load fulfillment and is issued based on the load hours of the course sections taught by the SME.
- The same course (i.e. BUSI 101) can earn SME compensation only once during B term and only once during D term.
- Example: If John Doe is the SME for ACCT 301 B01 and B02 in the B sub-term, he will only receive the SME compensation for one section (either B01 or B02) during that sub-term.
- SME for two unique courses can earn the SME compensation for BOTH courses during B and BOTH courses during D sub-terms.
- Example: If John Doe is the SME for ACCT 301 B01 and BUSI 301 B01 in the B sub-term, he will receive the SME compensation for both courses during the sub-term.
- SME for three or more unique courses would receive the SME compensation for only two of the courses during B and two of the courses during the D sub-term.
- Example: If John Doe is the SME for ACCT 301 B01, BUSI 301 B01, and BUSI 302 B01, he will receive the SME compensation for the two highest-paying courses during that sub-term.
SME compensation will be pro-rated if an LUO course is under-enrolled with less than 10 students as of day 15 of the sub-term. For questions regarding enrollment, please review the LUO Enrollment Policy and the LUO Under-Enrollment Matrix.