When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Campus Community | Playlist Week 4

Overview: 

Through our sermon series, Playlist, we have been diving into multiple different passages within the book of Psalms. This week, Shane and Shane lead us in a time of worship through the Psalms but specifically focused on Psalm 46. This psalm was known as the song of trouble. The Assyrians were mocking King Hezekiah and the Lord. King Hezekiah immediately goes to the Lord in prayer and the Lord responds through Isaiah. The Lord came, fought the battle for King Hezekiah against the Assyrians, and was victorious. King Hezekiah then proclaims Psalm 46 we know today over the battlefield.

Verses:

“I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt his name together!”

“Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.”

Psalm 34:1-3;8-10

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” Colossians 3:16

“Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Psalm 46:10

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Psalm 23:1

“Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake, I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.” Philippians 3:8

Quotes: 

“Will you find all your wanting in Him? Because you can.”

“True joy is found in surrender.”

Questions:

1. How was it to hear Scripture sung off the pages?- What has been one of the more impactful songs that you have read?
2. Is there any Psalm that you would love to hear sung off the pages?
3. What would it look like to put a memory verse of yours to a melody in order to help you memorize Scripture?

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty