Become a Commuter Community Group Leader
Are you interested in Leading a Commuter Community Group?
We are excited to announce a new Commuter Shepherd role, a joint venture between the LU Shepherd Office and the Office of Student Life at LU. Our goal for this position is to better serve our commuter students by providing them with community groups, centered on the content given weekly at Campus Community. The primary responsibilities of a Commuter Shepherd are as follows:
- Attend training at the beginning of the semester
- Attend Leader Connect Groups once a month (several time options are available)
- Lead a Commuter Community Group each week at a time that works best for your schedule – either at a designated on-campus location or in your apartment/home
- Send a weekly e-mail out to your group members
- Pray for your group member’s prayer needs on a weekly basis
- Commit to being a resource to your group members, helping direct them to the appropriate people on campus – i.e. if they are having surgery, contact the LU Shepherd Office
- Develop a co-leader to come alongside you and help in your group and to ultimately start a new group
Students serving satisfactorily in this role will receive enough hours to satisfy their CSER requirements each semester.
Click below, fill out the form and an LU Shepherd will be in touch.