Become a Commuter Community Group Leader
Are you interested in Leading a Commuter Community Group?
This role is a joint venture between the Shepherd Office and the Office of Commuter Student Life at LU. Our goal for this position is to better serve our commuter students by providing them with community groups, centered on the content given weekly at Campus Community. The primary responsibilities of a Commuter Shepherd are as follows:
- Attend training at the beginning of each semester
- Attend Leader Connect Groups once a week (several time options are available)
- Lead a Commuter Community Group each week at a time that works best for your schedule – either at a designated on-campus location or in your apartment/home
- Communicate with your group members weekly
- Recruit new members
- Pray for your group member’s prayer needs on a weekly basis
- Commit to being a resource to your group members, helping direct them to the appropriate people on campus – i.e. if they are having surgery, contact the LU Shepherd Office
- Connect with an assigned staff support person on a bi-weekly basis.
This role provides a 10% tuition scholarship each semester. Additionally, students serving satisfactorily will receive enough hours to satisfy their CSER requirements each semester.
Click below, fill out the form, and the Shepherd Office will be in touch.