Head & Heart Team
About the Head and Heart Team
The Head and Heart team assists in humanitarian aid and rapid response while meeting the emotional and spiritual needs of those impacted. We partner with like-minded organizations where students have the opportunity to shadow trained chaplains. Join us in developing our understanding and skills in trauma ministry to show God’s love by listening and talking with people while allowing them time to process. As believers and citizens, in any vocation, these skills will find themselves relevant, especially vocations that intersect with trauma.
Join the LU Send Now Head and Heart Team
Please click the link below and complete the Learning Content, Application Questionnaires, and E-Sign Documents to Apply.
In order to qualify for the LU Send Now Head and Heart Team you must:
- 18 years of age or older in order to participate in response efforts that require travel off Liberty’s campus. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to attend.
- Be actively enrolled in residential courses at Liberty University.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort. This will be verified in the application process. He or she must be in good standing in all of his/her classes in order to be deployed for a response effort.
- Be in good standing with the Office of Community Life. This will be verified in the application process, and before a student is deployed for a response effort.
- Demonstrate a past and present involvement in local church involvement and community outreach.
- Complete the application in full, and must pass a background check in order to participate.
- Complete the LU Send Now required training in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort.
- Must sign an Assumption of Risk form releasing the University from any liability.
- Must notify parents/emergency contact of participation in the program.