CSER 279-001 Church Extension
Students may request CSER eligibility at churches that are not listed on the Service Opportunities page by registering through the 279-001 Church Extension course code.
CSER 279-001 Church Extension requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
New churches that do not currently exist in the CSER Dashboard database under the 279-001 course code will be vetted by the LU Serve Office and require approval prior to the service opportunity.
Churches must be consistent with the values, mission, and doctrinal statement of Liberty University.
To receive approval for a 279-001 Church Extension please take the following steps:
- Decide what organization you are interested in serving with and verify that it meets the criteria for CSER outlined in the Policy Handbook for Students.
- Ensure you have an eligible CSER supervisor at the organization, preferably a staff member, who can guarantee you a minimum of 20 service hours.
- Log into your CSER Dashboard, select the term you are attempting to perform your service opportunity, then select course code 279-001 Church Extension.
- Use the search bar to search the database for your church.
- If your church already exists, select it. Next, select your supervisor from the drop down menu. If you cannot find your supervisor, please add them by selecting “Not Listed” and filling in their information. Please wait for confirmation prior to serving at the organization that LU Serve has approved your CSER request.
- If your church does not exist in the database, select “Can’t find the organization?” and enter in all requested information. LU Serve will evaluate your requested service opportunity and either approve or deny the church for CSER eligibility.