Hands and Feet: International
About the Hands & Feet Domestic & International Team
The Hands & Feet Domestic & International team assists in humanitarian aid by offering clean up, rebuild, and other physical needs after disasters occur overseas. We partner with global humanitarian aid organizations and the government to help aid in physical labor while accomplishing service projects for restoration.
Sign up to be on the LU Send Now Hands & Feet Domestic & International Team
Please click the link below and complete the Learning Content, Application Questionnaires, and E-Sign Documents to Apply.
In order to qualify for the LU Send Now Hands & Feet Domestic & International Team you must:
- 18 years of age or older in order to participate in response efforts which require travel off Liberty’s campus. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to attend.
- Be actively enrolled in residential courses at Liberty University.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort. This will be verified in the application process. He or she must be in good standing in all of his/her classes in order to be deployed for a response effort.
- Be in good standing with the Office of Community Life. This will be verified in the application process, and before a student is deployed for a response effort.
- Demonstrate a past and present involvement in local church involvement and community outreach.
- Complete the application in full, and must pass a background check in order to participate.
- Complete the LU Send Now required training in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort.
- Must sign an Assumption of Risk form releasing the University from any liability.
- Must notify parents/emergency contact of participation in the program.
- Demonstrate previous travel experience outside the US & Canada OR extensive disaster relief experience domestically
- Complete an in-person interview
- Acquire a US Passport & other government-issued photo ID
- Fulfill certain health requirements