Be a Versatile Leader in Nursing and Healthcare with an MSN/MSHA
Leaders in the healthcare industry need skills in specific health sciences as well as practical experience to handle real challenges in the field. Nursing professionals who want to be strong leaders have the responsibility not only to be effective managers, but to work alongside nurses to ensure quality patient care. If you want to have the skills and knowledge to tackle all of these complex issues, then Liberty University’s online MSN/MHA Dual Degree is the right track for you!
Liberty University’s 100% online nursing and healthcare administration dual degree program provides the training you need to become a valuable asset to your organization by mastering strategic planning skills, business management techniques, and financial models and principles. WIth both a masters in nursing and a MHSA degree, you can gain a balance of practice and health sciences administration skills.
As a nursing professional, you will advance your career in healthcare administration with additional leadership and management skills essential to success in a variety of healthcare administration settings.
Why Earn Your MSN/MHA Online With Liberty University?
At Liberty University, dual degree programs are designed to combine the program studies in a complementary and efficient way, You can earn your MSN and MSHA degree online with a flexible and compact degree plan to get the skills and knowledge you need as conveniently as possible. Through our program, you can get your master of health services and nursing administration completely online without having to commute to a campus for your training courses.
Our MSN/MSHA dual degree is taught by business and nursing professionals with real-world experience. Graduates are equipped with an understanding of health policy and ethics, strategic marketing and management for health professionals, and healthcare informatics and technology. If you are looking for an MHA in Nursing, Liberty University’s dual degree will give you the training plan that can equip you to succeed.
What are the benefits of pursuing an MSN/MSHA dual degree online?
- Completing the full content of both the Master of Science in Nursing and the Master of Healthcare Administration will provide a vast, flexible skill set for many administrative and leadership roles in the nursing healthcare industry.
- This program is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- The Master of Science in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- This program provides a flexible selection of leadership analysis, management skills, and executive leadership development that will equip students for their industry’s leadership challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for online MSN programs without clinicals that include advanced healthcare administration training, you may have questions about how an MSN MHA dual degree can fit your career goals. Below are some common questions and answers about Liberty University’s dual master’s degrees and earning your MSN/MHA dual degree online.
What does MSHA stand for?
A Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) is an administrative degree similar to a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), but focused on the policies and large-scale strategic elements of the health sciences industry. In your online MSHA courses, you will focus on the process of delivering healthcare programs, policy issues, regulations, and business administration in the healthcare industry.
What is the difference between an MHA vs MSN?
While MSHA programs emphasize the policy and business side of healthcare, MSN programs focus on the management and leadership of nursing practices. MSN programs are for registered nurses who want the specialized skills needed to help build efficient and effective nursing care facilities, to create better treatment options for patients, and to train new nurses.
How can you earn your MSHA online?
The skills and knowledge that health administrators need can be provided in a flexible online format. As a pioneer in distance learning since 1983, Liberty University has the experience and resources to deliver the policy, management, and safety training you need through engaging online content.
What is the advantage of dual MSN/MHA programs?
Dual MSN/MHA degrees provide a comprehensive training track that covers much more content than a Master of Science in Nursing or Master of Healthcare Administration alone. Through our online MSN/MSHA dual degree, you will have an adaptable set of skills that will help you handle the most challenging issues in healthcare today. You will also complete these studies in a faster timeframe than earning both degrees separately, so you can use your new skills in the field faster.
What Will You Learn in the Nursing and Healthcare Administration Degree?
Liberty University’s MSN/MSHA dual degree is based on the curriculum guidelines set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Graduates will integrate research and scholarship into advanced nursing practice, promote culturally competent population healthcare, utilize strategic management and marketing techniques, address legal and ethical concerns for health professionals, and collaborate with members of professional teams to support best practices in healthcare.
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MSN/MSHA degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this dual Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program in less than 3 years.
- This program falls under the School of Nursing and the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Nursing Course Guides (login required).
- Review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
Students residing in Maryland are currently unable to complete their practicum in the state of Maryland. However, it is possible for Maryland students to complete their practicum in neighboring states, such as Virginia or Delaware. Please contact the School of Nursing for more information.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options
- Assistant administrator
- Clinical manager
- Health information manager
- Nursing home administrator
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.S.N./M.S.H.A Dual Degree
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Letter of recommendation
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
- Current and active nursing license to practice as a registered nurse in your current state of residency and CPR certification (Basic Life Support with Automated External Defibrillator Certification by the American Heart Association)
- A minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- One recommendation from a nurse manager or faculty
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN Degree CCNE Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.