Available Military Benefits for Online Liberty University Students
Whether you are a current or former member of the armed services, a military spouse of a current or former service member, or current Department of Defense employee, Liberty University honors your commitment and service to our country with generous military benefits.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Program
- Liberty University has the resources to provide a quality, flexible and affordable online degree program to our students.
- By earning your online degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Undergraduate Military Tuition has not increased in over 10 years at a highly competitive rate of $250 per credit-hour.
- Graduate Military Tuition is available at a 50% or more discounted rate of only $275 per-credit-hour, which is one of the most competitive tuition rates for online graduate schools.
- Liberty University was given the 2019-2020 Military Friendly Top 10 Gold Distinction for private colleges for our support and benefits to military students and their spouses.
- Liberty University has also been recognized for standout academic programs and military-supportive culture by Military Times, earning the No. 1 rank on the list of Best Online & Nontraditional Schools of 2019.
- We offer the flexibility you need. Most programs are 100% online and feature courses in an eight-week format with no set login times and eight different start dates per year.
Electronic Books for Undergraduate Programs
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years ̶ and counting
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Undergraduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – reduces tuition rate to $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Opportunity for college credit for military training.
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – reduces tuition rate to $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
First Responders Discount
In addition to the military discount, veterans who now serve as First Responders in their civilian career could also be eligible for our First Responders discount. If you have questions about your eligibility, you can contact an Admissions Counselor or Academic Advising, if you are a current student, by calling (800) 424-9595.
Liberty University’s mission is to provide students with flexible and affordable avenues to complete their degrees. Liberty University offers a variety of military benefits through select grants and scholarships for military members and their families. To best serve you, we have compiled a list of these military benefits.
College Credit for Military Training
Your military training and experience could potentially qualify you for undergraduate or graduate credit through Liberty’s free evaluation of military training. Please note that credit is granted based on the American Council on Education (ACE)’s guideline recommendations.
Additionally, Liberty University has partnered with the Air University – Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program and the College of the American Soldier to maximize college credit received for military training in specific degree programs. Liberty is also accepts CLEP and DSST tests to earn credit toward your online degree.be
Contact our Military Evaluations Coordinators at email@example.com for more information.
*Military Benefits Eligibility Requirements
- All current service members of the U.S. Armed Forces qualify for military benefits after basic training is completed (as defined in 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(4)).
- Veterans (with honorable/general discharge), military spouses, and current Department of Defense employees qualify.
- A military spouse is defined as a husband or wife of a service member who together are in a state-sanctioned marriage and are natural-born members of the opposite sex as defined by Liberty University.
- Students seeking military benefits must be pursuing a Certificate, Associate, Bachelors, or Master’s degree program. Additionally, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Ed.D. in Christian Leadership, Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling, and Education Specialist (Ed.S.) students may qualify. Military benefits only apply to Liberty University’s Online Programs military students.