Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling — Addictions and Recovery
Liberty University School of Divinity's online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling — Addictions and Recovery program prepares students to serve in the local church in nonprofessional counseling roles, as well as in other ministry settings.
In this program, students learn to treat addictions, along with overseeing the recovery process from a Christian worldview. Courses will cover the diagnosis and treatment of substance and sexual addictions, the biological aspects related to addictions and recovery, and the treatment processes.
Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of positions. This degree may meet the requirements to serve as a military chaplain or assist students seeking professional licensure; however, licensure requirements are not completely met through this program.
- $350 per credit hour (0-8 credit hours or 16+ credit hours)
- $2,550 Graduate School of Divinity block rate for students enrolled in 9-15 credit hours
Program Delivery Format
- 36 total hours
- Up to six credit hours can be transferred in
Potential Career Fields
- Church counselor
- Non-licensed counselor
- Substance abuse counselor
- Rehabilitation specialist
Want to learn more?