8/29-9/1- Fitness Event: Group Exercise Demo Week
4:00-7:00 pm Group Exercise Studios, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Are you curious about the free Group Exercise classes at the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center? Demo week is the perfect time to try out a 20 minute version of all the available classes and discover your new favorite! Classes will run from 4 pm-7 pm Monday- Thursday, and will consist of 20 minute demos of all the styles available to you. Classes are first come first serve, so be early! Check out the demo week schedule here.
- Check out a variety of Group Exercise classes
- Participate in short 20 minute workouts
- Discover your new favorite class!
8/30- Meet the Fitness Professionals
4:00-7:00 pm LaHaye Lobby, Recreation and Fitness Center
Come start your semester off the right way by stopping by the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center to meet the Fitness Professionals. Meet the professionals ready to help you reach your health and fitness goals on Tuesday, August 30th from 4-7 pm. You’ll find out all the free resources that are available, ask questions, and have a chance to win prizes!
- Meet the Fitness Professionals
- Learn about free resources and get your questions answered
- Have a chance to win prizes
9/1- Wellness Series: “Cultivating Gourmet Mushrooms” Kyle Herrington
12-12:45 pm Active Learning Room, Jerry Falwell Library
Come to our first installment of Wellness Series for the spring semester in the Active Learning Room located in the Jerry Falwell Library on September 1st at noon and have the chance to win prizes!
The speaker will cover how to grow, harvest, and cook gourmet mushrooms such as Shiitake, Oyster, and Red Wine Cap (Stropharia). This presentation will cover the basic materials and information necessary to begin growing mushrooms for yourself in a small area.
- Learn and be able to put into practice the process of cultivating gourmet mushrooms
- Learn the benefits associated with adding mushrooms to a healthy diet.
- Learn and be able to identify several species of gourmet mushrooms.
9/1- Rock Wall Event: Top Rope Class
5-7 pm Rock Wall, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Interested in learning more about how to belay and top rope climb at the LaHaye Rock Wall? Join us on September 1st from 5-7pm for our Top Rope class. You will learn valuable skills that will ensure you are climbing and belaying safely and effectively. All levels welcome. Sign-ups and more information are at the LaHaye Rock Wall front desk.
- Learn how to tie a figure 8 knot
- Learn how to properly set up a Grigri for safe belaying
- Understand safe belaying techniques
- Must pass the LaHaye Rockwall Belay test
10/4- Live Healthy Liberty Expo
1-6 pm Multi-Purpose Center, LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center
Start your fall semester off on a healthy foot at the Live Healthy Liberty Expo! Join Recreation Centers, collaborating departments, local health and wellness organizations and vendors for Liberty University’s annual Health Fair! Stop by the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center’s Multi-Purpose Center on October 4th from 1-6 pm to explore the many dimensions of wellness and participate in free health screenings. Pick up plenty of free samples and complete the "Passport to Wellness" challenge to be entered to win one of several grand prizes including, a Fit Bit, free personal training packages, apparel, and more! You won't want to miss this exciting event. For questions or more information email email@example.com.
- Participate in free health screenings and activities
- Learn more about wellness resources and opportunities at Liberty and in the community
- Have a chance to win a free Fit Bit, personal training packages, and more!