Wellness Series: Reimagining Food and the Self
September 3 / 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Terrance Conference Room, Jerry Falwell Library
If you're interested in discovering how to return the joy to food, don't miss the next installment of the Wellness Series, "Re-imagining Food and the Self".
- Learn how the loss of sacredness of food in our society has changed our personal relationship with food.
- Unpack how our negative interaction with food has led to more shame in body image.
- Discover how to return the joy to food
Fitness Workshop: Synergy 360 Workshop
September 5 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Basketball Mezzanine, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
Would you like to know more about what those two red "jungle gyms" in the loft are for? This will be an interactive and hands on workshop that will teach a wide variety of synergy 360 exercises and uses. We will cover each piece of equipment's function, exercise options, and proper technique. You won't want to miss it!
- Learn what the Synergy 360 is and why it is valuable to you
- Attain knowledge of new exercises and proper technique
- Incorporate new exercises into your plan to maximize strength
Wellness Series: Fueling Your Workouts
September 8 / 5:30 - 6:15 p.m. - Aerobic Room, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
If you want to get the most out of your workouts, you won't want to miss the next installment of the Wellness Series. Come hear from the campus dietitian on "Fueling Your Workouts" so you can learn strategies to achieve your fitness goals and how to fuel properly. Stop by to have enjoy some free food and a chance to win prizes!
- Create a specific healthy goal and learn strategies to reach it
- Understand nutrient timing and why it's important
- Learn how to take advantage of the food sources around you to fuel properly
Fitness Workshop: Arm Balance and Inversion Workshop
September 12 / 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Mind Body Studio, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
You will not want to miss this two hour fitness workshop! Be prepared and expect to work hard, be on your hands, flip your perspective, and challenge your strength and balance. This workshop is meant for those looking to learn correct form and tools to improve their hand balancing poses.
- Learn the basics of arm balancing and inversions
- Discover new challenging variations and progressions
- Increase strength and balance
Fitness Workshop: Kettlebells Workshop
September 19 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - Strength Studio, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
Looking for a way to strengthen your entire body and develop cardiovascular endurance at the same time? Join us to learn the Kettlebell training essentials, proper technique, and the benefits of kettlebell training. The workshop will be part lecture and part interactive, so come ready to participate!
- Improve strength, stability, and endurance with Kettlebell training
- Learn the fundamental Kettlebell movement patterns and how to avoid errors
- Receive qualified instruction at no additional cost to you
Wellness Series: GMO's: Should I Be Concerned?
September 24 / 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. - Terrace Conference Room, Jerry Falwell Library
Have you heard the buzz about GMO Foods? If you're interested in learning more about GMO's and if they should affect your health decisions, you won't want to miss the next Wellness Series. You'll enjoy some free food and have a chance to win prizes.
- Learn the basics about GMO foods
- Understand GMO regulations, risks, and safety
- Establish your own educated opinions of GMO foods
Aquatics: Inner Tube Water Polo
September 26 / 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. - Aquatics Center, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
Enjoy an exciting and new sport with friends and teammates. Stop by the Lahye front desk to sign up. There is a $20 deposit, which will be refunded at the end of the tournament if your team participates. The teams consist of 6 players and we will allow 8 teams to register. Registration is open from August 28th - September 18th.
- Enjoy Water Polo with an exciting new twist
- Show your team spirit with wacky and unique uniforms
- Enjoy friendly composition and have a chance to win prizes!
Health Fair: Live Healthy Liberty Expo
September 29 / 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Multi-Purpose Center, LaHaye Rec and Fit Center
Start your fall semester off on a healthy foot at Live Healthy Liberty Expo! Join the LaHaye Student Union, Live Healthy Liberty's collaborating departments, and local health and wellness organizations and vendors for Liberty Universities annual Health Fair! Stop by to explore many dimensions of wellness and participate in free health screenings. Pick up plenty of free samples and complete the "Passport to Wellness" challenge to be entered to win one of several grand prizes including, a Fit Bit, free personal training packages, apparel, backpacks, and more! For questions or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet the Fitness Professionals and Campus Dietitian
- Learn about free resources and get your questions answered
- Have a chance to win prizes!