Combine Technology with Healthcare with a Master’s of Medical Sciences — Health Informatics
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree program provides an advanced study of human anatomy and physiology, cell biology, biochemistry, and medical ethics. Our medical sciences degree is designed to provide opportunities to enhance medical and business management credentials for entry into medical, dental, chiropractic, pharmacy, physician assistant (PA), and other professional schools.
Throughout this degree program, you will be exposed to a challenging and rewarding curriculum and a strengthening of critical thinking, business, and management skills. We pride ourselves on the academic and personal support that our staff and faculty provide to our students. You will receive this same guidance and support throughout your business management degree program.
Health informatics is an evolving specialization that links information technology, communications, and healthcare to improve the quality and safety of patient care. Our health informatics specialization courses are designed for students who want to focus their medical sciences training in healthcare technologies, handling and protecting patient information, as well as systems analysis.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s of Medical Sciences Program — Health Informatics?
As a nonprofit university, Liberty strives to make your education as affordable as possible, while maintaining superior quality and flexibility. Our master’s degree in medical sciences – healthcare informatics can be completed 100% online, which means you can complete your coursework from the comfort of your home and on a schedule that is convenient for you. Liberty is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and we work every day to provide our students with quality, affordable, and flexible degree options.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences Program — Health Informatics Degree?
The core courses in our medical sciences degree cover the principles of medical science, which expose you to research methods and current issues in the medical industry. You will study ethics in medicine, which is important knowledge to have to operate in an ethical manner in all areas of your career. Studying advanced cell biology and biochemistry will include training in cell interactions and developmental genetics. Finally, you will receive advanced training in human anatomy and physiology where you will examine the human body.
Our online health informatics specialization degree provides training in how technology and information systems support the success of businesses and organizations within the medical sciences field. You will learn how to acquire, store, retrieve, and use healthcare information and data to foster better collaboration among patients’ healthcare providers.
- INFO 505 – Health Informatics
- INFO 545 – Health Information Systems & Integrated Technologies
- MSCI 503 – Human Genetics
Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences — Health Informatics Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
Required prerequisites for success include:
- Two semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- One semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- Two semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in 2 years or less!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s of Medical Sciences Program — Health Informatics
- Medical science specialist
- Medical science writer
- Research analyst