Integrate Technology and Healthcare by Earning a Master’s of Medical Sciences – Health Informatics
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree program provides an advanced study of human anatomy and physiology, cell biology, biochemistry, and medical ethics. Our medical sciences degree is designed to provide opportunities to enhance medical and business management credentials for entry into medical, dental, chiropractic, pharmacy, physician assistant (PA), and other professional schools.
In addition, our health informatics specialization prepares you for data-driven decision-making and the business component of the healthcare industry. Your health informatics courses can help provide you with a world-class education that is on the cutting edge of the field of health informatics.
Health informatics is a dynamic specialization that links information technology, communications, and healthcare to improve the quality and safety of patient care. Healthcare professionals rely on the management of data in order to make informed decisions about patient care. By earning a health informatics master’s degree, you can prepare to gain an edge in an ever-evolving and dynamic field.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Master’s of Medical Sciences – Health Informatics?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we understand that quality and affordability are important. That’s why our program is offered 100% online – so you can focus on what’s important to you while remaining invested in your family, church, and community.
We believe that quality shouldn’t be sacrificed for affordability. That is why our courses are taught by faculty who have hands-on experience in the field and who are ready to help mentor you throughout your program so that you can be more equipped for the healthcare field as you pursue a career or further graduate study. You will be taught by faculty who have terminal degrees in their field and expertise that is invaluable. At Liberty, you can develop the skills needed to explore new career opportunities.
Liberty is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and we work every day to provide our students with high-quality and flexible degree options. Take the next step in the medical field with a Master of Arts in Medical Sciences – Health Informatics degree from Liberty University.
What is the difference between a master’s in health informatics and a specialization in health informatics?
Our master’s in health informatics degree focuses primarily on the data-driven and business aspects of healthcare, while our MA in Medical Sciences with a specialization in healthcare informatics focuses on medical training that can help prepare you for medical and other professional education.
Can I become a doctor with a Master of Science in Health Informatics?
Becoming a doctor in the United States has many requirements, including attending medical school. Many medical schools require courses in anatomy and physiology, physics, chemistry, and many other subjects.
Our MA in Medical Sciences – Health Informatics is designed to help you prepare to apply to medical school and pursue medical careers – including as a doctor, while our MS in Health Informatics can help you become a technician, assistant, or director of business and data communication within a healthcare system.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s of Medical Sciences – Health Informatics Degree?
The core courses in our medical sciences degree cover topics like:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biomedical science
- Cell biology and biochemistry
- Ethics in health science
- Human metabolism and diseases
With the advanced training that is offered in these courses, you can become well prepared to understand genetics, human metabolism and diseases, and other important medical concepts. As you prepare for medical and other professional schools or careers, you can have a unique glimpse into cell and anatomy physiology as well as other science topics that can help bolster your desire to serve others in the healthcare field.
Our online health informatics degree also provides training in how technology and information systems support the success of businesses and organizations within the medical sciences field. You will study how to acquire, store, retrieve, and use healthcare information and data to foster better collaboration among healthcare providers.
- INFO 505 – Health Informatics
- INFO 545 – Health Information Systems and Integrated Technologies
- MSCI 505 – Principles of Medical Genetics
- MSCI 510 – Foundations of Medical Anatomy I
Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences – Health Informatics Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Medical Sciences Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the MA in Medical Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.75 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
Required prerequisites for admission include:
- 2 semesters of general biology with lab OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology with lab
- 1 semester of organic chemistry with residential lab (two semesters recommended)
- 2 semesters of general chemistry with lab
- Additional recommended courses are biostatistics, physiology (1 year), anatomy (1 year), biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, and genetics
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Master’s in Medical Sciences Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Medical Sciences degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online medical sciences degree in as little as 1.5 years!
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s of Medical Sciences Program – Health Informatics
As a graduate of our MA in Medical Sciences program, you can become more prepared to apply for medical or other professional schools or pursue a career in healthcare technology. Some potential careers include:
- Medical policy analyst
- Medical practice manager
- Medical science specialist
- Medical science writer
- Research analyst