Applicants whose native language is not English must take an approved English proficiency test and provide documentation of a passing score.
Liberty University offers general admission for students who achieve one of the following minimum scores on a standardized test of English Proficiency.
- Duolingo English test: 90*
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test or iBT): 61
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 51
- International Test of English Proficiency Academic Plus (iTEP): 3.6
Graduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral:
- Duolingo English test: 105
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test or iBT): 80
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5
- International Test of English Proficiency Academic Plus (iTEP): 3.9
*The School of Aeronautics requires a score of 105 for undergraduate and graduate programs
Please have your official scores mailed to the following address:
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
The English proficiency test requirement may be waived in the following cases:
- If you have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college in the U.S. or another English-speaking country within the last 5 years
- If you have the required level of English-Second-Language (ESL / ELL) from one of the following schools:
To have the English proficiency test requirement waived, you must provide official documentation to the Office of Graduate Admissions for review. Please note that this waiver is not guaranteed.
For more information, please speak with an online admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.