Master Global Influence With a MAPP in International Affairs
Are you fascinated by how different countries work together to address global challenges? From pandemics to international trade, public policy on the world stage can be incredibly complex. If you want to pursue a career in international relations or work with the U.S. government, earning Liberty University’s 100% online master in international relations can help give you the skills you need to thrive.
What is International Affairs?
Also called international relations or global affairs, international affairs is the study of law, business, policy, and economics at the international level. Through studying how different countries’s laws interact and how they come together to form global rules and regulations, you can learn the best ways to approach working across borders in many industries.
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Public Policy (MAPP) in International Affairs is designed to prepare you for an exciting career in international relations. Whether you want to work for a domestic or international organization, our online international relations master’s degree can help set you up for success!
Why Choose Liberty’s International Affairs Degree?
Are you looking for an exciting career that will help you influence the world? Liberty University’s online international relations master’s degree has been designed to help integrate biblical principles into your professional life.
Liberty’s online Master of Public Policy – International Affairs was created as a joint effort by the Liberty University School of Law and Helms School of Government to give you an effective selection of skills and knowledge in governmental, legislative, and political areas. With core courses in political philosophy and governance, you will study the changing worlds of foreign policies, international government, and strategic intelligence. These studies in public policy analysis and practical knowledge can help you conquer the most challenging issues in the field.
Designed to be completed in less than 2 years, our program can help you continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and a professional, so we provide you with a vast number of tools, resources, and an incredible faculty of public policy professionals to help you get the most out of your international affairs online degree.
At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. The master’s in international affairs degree was created to train Christ-centered scholars and policymakers to be leaders of today’s world.
Frequently Asked Questions
You likely have many questions while researching public policy programs and earning your international relations master’s online. We’re here to help! Below are some common questions and answers about how Liberty’s online master’s in public policy and international relations can help you meet your career goals.
Is international affairs the same as international relations?
There are many names for the study of world-wide law, business, and policy. Some common names are:
- Global studies
- International affairs
- International political science
- International relations
- World policy
Liberty’s international affairs degree covers a wide selection of important topics for professionals who want to work with government agencies, business, or nonprofits to navigate international law and policy challenges. If you’re looking for a way to earn your international relations degree online, Liberty’s MAPP in International Affairs could be the best way forward.
What kinds of international relations jobs are available?
Understanding how international relations salary opportunities compare to other industries can help you decide if this career path is right for you. To help you make that decision, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) provides data on many occupations.
BLS data estimates that the average salary for political scientists in 2019 was $122,220. They also estimate that the job market for policy science professionals could grow by as much as 6% by 2029, which is faster than the average of occupations*
With high pay potential and a growing field, you can be confident that your investment of time in Liberty’s MAPP in International Affairs can help you begin a rewarding career.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Political Scientists (viewed online January 28, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What are the benefits of studying international relations?
If you want to study public policy at the global level, you can apply your skills and knowledge to many fields and industries. With such an in-demand skill set, you can benefit from being an international affairs expert in many roles, such as:
- International government agency advisors
- Global corporate business executives or consultants
- World-wide nonprofit strategists
- International ministry
- Global policy activists and lobbyists
Wherever people need policy experts to make a business, nonprofit, government agency, or ministry goal work with global interests, you could help.
What Will You Learn in the Public Policy Online Masters in International Affairs?
The Master of Arts in Public Policy degree is designed to provide education in both law and government relating to public policy. This dual focus allows for the optimum educational experience as you study subjects related to public policy. You will be learning relevant concepts from professors with experience as statesmen, leaders, and policymakers. They will guide you towards a more successful career and a Christ-centered approach to public policy.
With courses providing insight on laws within specific geographic zones and international policies, you will be expanding your opportunities around the world. Learning to understand the delicate nature of international affairs also includes studies in economics and an understanding of American public policy. Your thesis at the conclusion of this degree program will allow you to reflect on your understanding of the complexities of international affairs and public policy.
Through each course, a biblical worldview will be integrated into lessons on public policy for applying a model of Christian statesmanship to the public policy context. Incorporating Christianity into the classroom means that you will be able to grow spiritually as you are taught how to combine your faith with your future career by someone who has experience in the field.
- PPOG 502 – Economics and Public Policy
- PPOG 640 – Middle East Law and Policy
- PPOL 650 – International Law, Policy and Politics
Highlights of Our Online International Affairs Master’s Program
- By earning your international relations degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Our program is ranked the #1 Most Affordable Online Master’s Degree in Public Policy.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty Univeristy is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Highlights of Our Online International Affairs Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MAPP in International Affairs degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Program Information for the Master’s in International Affairs
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- You will have the option to complete a thesis, or you may take additional elective courses instead.
- View all of the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online M.A. in Public Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
The master’s in public policy in international affairs will equip you with the necessary skills to build a career that focuses on applying ethics to management practices in an international setting. Potential career options include:
- Foreign affairs specialist
- Government advisor
- International businessperson
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.