GoArmyEd Course Planner
GoArmyEd has released a Course Planner that will be implemented as of March 29, 2014 for Army students receiving Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) through the GoArmyEd portal. The Course Planner is a tool that allows students to list the courses that must be taken in order to complete their selected degree plan.
Previously, Army Education Counselors manually validated each TA request against a student’s degree plan posted to their eFile. Now, the new Course Planner will allow students to own their degree plan, which will be submitted for approval to Liberty University to ensure every class contributes toward the completion of the degree. The Course Planner will help students monitor their progress and keep them on track to meet their educational goals.
Important to Note:
- The Course Planner is required of all soldiers-students* by the end of their second course (or sixth credit hour) with their home school or nine credit hours at any school using TA. Even if there is a previously approved degree plan uploaded to the student’s GoArmyEd eFile, completion of the Course Planner is required. After the second course, all enrollments will be processed through the GoArmyEd Course Planner.
*Soldier-students in the following degree programs are part of an electronic degree plan, and will not be required to submit a Course Planner:
- Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (AA-INDS) (AA-GNST)
- Associate of Arts in Religion (AA-RELG)
- Bachelor of Science in Business (General) (BS-BSMN)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (BS-CJ) (BS-CRMJ)
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (BS-INDS) (BS-MLDS)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS-PSYC)
- Bachelor of Science in Religion (BS-RELG)
- Master of Arts in Management and Leadership (MA-M-L)
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling (MA-P-CN)
- Master of Divinity (Chaplaincy) (MA-DIV-C)
- If the student already has an official degree plan, completing the Course Planner should take no more than 30 minutes. After the Course Planner is completed and submitted for approval, it will route to the school or Army Education Counselor for approval. Approval may take several days to process.
- Plan ahead! After completing six semester hours, the student will not be able to request additional TA until a Course Planner is completed and approved. If the Course Planner is approved including all courses needed to attain a degree, another is not needed again unless modifications are made to the plan.
- Resource links are provided below to assist with this process. Please take a moment to review the documents, which should answer the majority of your questions. Please contact a Military Affairs counselor for any questions you may have after reviewing this information.
What are the basic steps I need to complete the Course Planner?
- The Course Planner Smart link will appear on your GoArmyEd homepage on March 29th, 2014.
- You must first upload your degree plan to your Course Planner.
- Liberty University will upload a degree plan to the course planner.
- Ensure you have a current official degree plan from your home school. You will be required to upload a copy of this student agreement/documented degree plan to the Course Planner if you do not already have an approved degree plan in your eFile.
- Your official degree plan MUST reflect the current degree you are pursuing at your home school including transfer credits, prior military learning (if applicable) and ALL remaining courses you need to complete your degree. Contact Liberty University, if you do not have a complete degree plan from your school, at email@example.com.
- Enter the number of remaining units you need to graduate (located on your degree plan).
- Click the “Select School” button to select the school from which you plan to take a course.
- If the course you wish to take has been uploaded to GAE by your school, you will be prompted to search for the course to add it to your Course Planner. If the school has not uploaded the course you need, manually enter the required course information.
- Add courses required to complete your degree to your Course Planner.
- Note: Students are only required to add at least 50% of their remaining courses needed to graduate to the course planner.
- Submit your Course Planner for approval.
Military Affairs counselors are available to help you by phone: (855) 355-4947 or (434) 592-5990; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; and chat. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays.